Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adchoices

(Topic created on: 23-02-2017 09:48 AM)
AndyH
Student
Options

I've recently started getting popup ads from adchoices on my s7 edge.

I've tried all sorts of apps to try and remove them or stop them popping up. 

I've been told they are legitimate adds placed by Google in software.

But they do interfere with the operation of the phone.

For instance if you are recording video it will stop the recording if an add pops up.

Or if you are using a banking app you will have to log back in if and add apears. 

Is there anyway to remove this addware. 

I'm sure level of intrusion adchoices produces is not legal. 

69 REPLIES 69
Goldeyez
First Poster
Options

I did that, and adchoices stll pop up when I use the phone

0 Likes
Tarheels4244
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, me too. It came back. Is this because of the device software update ?

0 Likes
Goldeyez
First Poster
Options

I don't know, I hope they get rid of it soon, its very annoying. I definitely don't want to buy anything just because its annoying.

0 Likes
StatenIslandLaw
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the tip to scroll the open tabs.. For me, the offending app was "photoframe." 

0 Likes
DeadMansHand
First Poster
Options

My dad had this problem on his Galaxy S8 Active... It was SO BAD!! I found a "security" app called "Powerful Security Solutions" that was causing all of the issues. I deleted it and AdChoices went away. How obnoxious....

0 Likes
Sydneygirl
First Poster
Options
Mine was cunning, didn't show any app when I backed out of it. No adblockers helped. At the end uninstalled all nonessential apps installed since the problem started and it fixed it.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Hi all

If you're getting unwanted ad pop ups on your phone then they are likely to be stemming from a third party app. To confirm this, restart the phone in Safe Mode via the following steps and if the ads no longer show up then you can restart your device and delete any recently installed apps. Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the device logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
wordgrubber
First Poster
Options

Yep, this was the case with my Dad's S5 that was having similar problem. I just turned off Peel Remote and disabled app notifications from it ... problem solved.

0 Likes
Dankees
Apprentice
Options

I'm suddenly getting these ads on my Galaxy Note 8.

I just updated my phome with the June Security Patch (VZW).

I don't believe I have any new apps that would suddenly cause this.

Can someone please help?

0 Likes
rtopoleski
First Poster
Options

Hello all! I'm pretty sure the reason that Ad Choices started on my phone is because they were embeded in an app I had just downloaded named "Flashlight" 1.02. I went in to the settings of the app and clicked on "About." Inside, it showed Ad Choice as a part of the program. When I clicked on the name, it took me to Facebook settings that allows tracking of my interests and forwarding them to certain apps. Needless to say, I removed the "Flashlight" app immediately! And, so far, no more annoying Ad Choices Ads! 

0 Likes