Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A7 2018 samsung pay not compatible

(Topic created on: 18-01-2019 03:42 PM)
Marcingibas86
First Poster
Options

Hi,

2 weeks ago I bought new A7 from samsung store. The problem is that I can't download samsung pay. It shows that my device is not compatible. I know that Samsung pay doesn't work on some phones but I got the phone straight from Samsung!

What should I do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Marcingibas86: Sadly, Samsung Pay is only currently available on the Galaxy S9, S9+, Note9, S8, S8+ and Note8, S7 and S7 edge, S6, S6 edge and S6 edge+, A9, A8, A6, A3, A5 2017, J4+, J6+, Samsung Galaxy Watch, Gear S3 & Gear Sport. As an alternative you may wish to check out Google Pay via the Google Play Store which is compatible with all non rooted Android devices with version 5.0 and above: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel&hl=en_GB.

View solution in context

31 REPLIES 31
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Marcingibas86: Sadly, Samsung Pay is only currently available on the Galaxy S9, S9+, Note9, S8, S8+ and Note8, S7 and S7 edge, S6, S6 edge and S6 edge+, A9, A8, A6, A3, A5 2017, J4+, J6+, Samsung Galaxy Watch, Gear S3 & Gear Sport. As an alternative you may wish to check out Google Pay via the Google Play Store which is compatible with all non rooted Android devices with version 5.0 and above: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel&hl=en_GB.
Elmaz
Apprentice
Options

Hey

I have the same phone like you the A7 2018 I contacted "Samsung Switzerland" because I live in Switzerland they said "Samsung Pay" will be available for february 2019 this months but the day or when I don't know.

I hope that's help you

0 Likes
Havoc87
Apprentice
Options

Doesn't make sense at all how can the A6, A3, A5 and  J ranges be compatible but an A7 2018 model is not! No logic behind that. I know you can't blame you but Samsung needs to look into it.

0 Likes
Elmaz
Apprentice
Options

I talk with "Samsung Switzerland" They said it will be compatible and if you go to the store in us you will see the "Galaxy A7 2018" is compatible in us with "Samsung Pay" 

Havoc87
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the feedback, I'm from South Africa, but I will just have to wait till it becomes compatible. 

0 Likes
Elmaz
Apprentice
Options

Good information "Samsung Pay" is now available for "Switzerland" is just received the new update in "Galaxy Store" in my "A7 2018" have a nice day bro 

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Marcingibas86 

Can you please share print screens from your phone: 

Settings -> About phone -> Software information

Open dial number pad -> type "*#1234#"

I have checked on A7 2018 and Samsung Pay is available in the Samsung Galaxy App Store. I'll put below some pictures for reference.

Screenshot_20190308-133448_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20190308-133444_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20190308-133459_DeviceKeystring.jpgScreenshot_20190308-133417_Galaxy Store.jpgScreenshot_20190308-133429_Galaxy Store.jpg

Cheers

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |
AntS
Options

Cheers, GeorgeC! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Just to add to George's post, and can you guys experiencing this issue let us know:

• Full model number of your phone;
  • Software/Android version;
  • Service Provider software version;
  • Samsung Pay app version;
  • And any screenshots showing the not compatible/not available message?
0 Likes
Havoc87
Apprentice
Options

I'm from South Africa and still Samsung Pay is not available on play store. See screenshot attached.

0 Likes