Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

42mm Galaxy Watch battery life poor. Sleep stage not working.

(Topic created on: 31-10-2018 10:08 AM)
Shazzap
Explorer
Options

Battery life poor only lasts 20 hours if lucky should be 40 hours minimum according to Samsung. Not impressed. 

19 REPLIES 19
Shazzap
Explorer
Options

Mine was a free one. Hope you get sorted out.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
But it doesn't register Deep sleep when set to continuous mode, or on kine it doesnt. Has it as 0 hours deep
0 Likes
SKB1
First Poster
Options

I've been having various HR measurement issues. Initially the watch didn't measure my HR properly when working out. Between what I think was a firmware update and my slightly changing the way I wear it during workouts, this works much better now (albeit not as good as my FitBit Charge 2 used to work).

However, I have not been able to get it to measure sleep stages AT ALL. I changed the "Auto HR" setting to "Always" and that had the device measure sleep stages one night, but only for part of the night, and I can't even get that to repeat.

Shame on you, Samsung, for such poor performance.

By the way, even if it did work in that setting, it is completely unacceptable that it should be set to that. FitBit Charge 2 does not measure HR continuously and provides for great sleep stages analysis.

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Not sure what you are expecting but I think it does okay when HRM is off. Screenshot_20181012-183026.png

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

If you don't have the heart rate monitor set to record continuously then you are not getting sleep data but movement data,  light, restless and motionless. With the hrm on your are getting HRV sleep data, to include REM  and deep sleep,  which is the main reason I upgraded from the S3. I'm sure it'll be fixed in a software update though. 

0 Likes
LeeMadigan
Student
Options
I am really disappointed with the battery life. I don't even get 48 hours out of it, even when not using GPS for exercise tracking etc. I changed from a Fitbit Ionic which had a much better battery life and much better fitness tracking. Really disappointed.
0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
LeeMadigan
Student
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

42mm rose gold. I'll try what you suggest and see if that makes a difference. Thanks!

0 Likes
Rajivs85
First Poster
Options

Unbelievable how stupid this can be. I hate this watch already. One is this disgusting bixby..u have to say hi bixby each time.  I hate that thing. I by passed it on my note 9. I cant get rid of it from the watch. I want google assistant. This bixby thing is useless. 

This hr thing should have activated automatically ONLY when resting.. Disgusting that it drains the battery all the time now. Unbelievably stupid.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@Rajivs85 wrote:

Unbelievable how stupid this can be. I hate this watch already. One is this disgusting bixby..u have to say hi bixby each time.  I hate that thing. I by passed it on my note 9. I cant get rid of it from the watch. I want google assistant. This bixby thing is useless. 

Bixby is indeed a shocker and I wouldnt at all be surprised to see Samsung bin it in the future but your point about having to say "Hi Bixby" is mostly the same with any AI, Alexa, Google or Bixby all need waking up with a command, If you didnt they would be talking to you 24/7.

I may be wrong but I do use Google Assistant/ Google Home & Alexa a lot and have always had to wake her up with a command.

0 Likes