Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to internet fridge

(Topic created on: 06-12-2018 11:23 PM)
AdrienP
First Poster
Options

I purchased a  Samsung Family Hub RS68N8941SL about 2 months ago. Since then, I have been trying relentlessly to connect my Note 8 and 2 Samsung tellies via Family Hub or Smart things.

Via smart things, I was able to pair the note 8 and fridge. However, I can use none of the app features.

When I try to register my mobile device via the fridge, it gets stuck at the authentication code stage.

No one in Samsung (and I mean no one in 20 odd interactions) has been able to help. An engineer even came out and he just shook his head, left, closed the ticket and said "not our problem"

I have reset the fridge several times and updated with the latest firmware.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

17 REPLIES 17
TyoMad
Apprentice
Options

Received an escalation email, but no other response.  However, the text messages are now coming through and users are getting setup.  Would like to give Samsung credit for fixing the issue, but without any further communication, dont know if it was something they did or sun spots!

0 Likes
Filemoon
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I did another test right now ...
I'm from Ireland we do have two GSM networks avaliable in family and this is not working for us.
Who did you contact exacly to fix this issue and what was your ticket number - I would like to use it to accelerate process.

I can describe tham - thay as bad as could be  😞

This is my first and alone Samsung device in home and I will never ever purchase another one.

Regards Chris

0 Likes
GemJanHall
First Poster
Options

I’m in Ireland also and had no issues with family hub for the past 9 months until I tried to upload some new photos to the hub and I am also getting that verification code issue where the code never arrives. I’m with virgin media mobile phone network so not sure that makes a difference? Very disappointed with Samsung 

0 Likes
Filemoon
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I think they cannot deliver this to any Irish customer - and I have no idea who to write 😞
Canb I ask you question - what phone do you have Apple (iOS) or Android?
I do have ony Apple devices in family and I'm not sure maybe this will work ok for Adroid phones (and FamilyHub app).

As mentioned before this could be:

- broken IOS FamilyHub application (they may have bug for Irish customers - for example they may join phone number and country code incorectly and they are forwarting bad information to SMS gate) - (application dependend).

- badly setup gate for Irish customers and FamilyHub - (infrastructure dependend).

Is Samsung app support reading this forum?

0 Likes
GemJanHall
First Poster
Options

I had been trying with my phone number for the past week with no joy and then I entered my dads phone number (he’s with Vodafone) and he got the verification code immediately so I got this issue resolved. Try inputting someone else’s number (who you trust!) with a different phone network, try Vodafone as that worked for me, good luck 

0 Likes
Filemoon
Apprentice
Options

My phone is Vodafone and I have no luck.

what format did you try 08XXXXXXXX or w/o 0?

0 Likes
Heggs82
First Poster
Options

I'm in Ireland too.. Have you had any luck with this? Tried a bunch of mobile numbers and no luck. 

0 Likes
Filemoon
Apprentice
Options

Try more numbers, friends, family .... it will work for one.

Samsung software and infrastructure quality is bad.

Never again ...

0 Likes