Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add ecobubble machine to smarthings app.

(Topic created on: 17-10-2018 07:11 PM)
Quietone
Journeyman
Options

Hello. Just got a new ecobubble washer dryer and have tried to add the device to the smarthings app. However, it fails to complete giving an 'authentication error' each time I try.  It gives no option to enter any authentication details prior to this.

Can anyone suggest any other things to try please?

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Quietone.

Here's a few basics to try from our SmartThings team:

• Clearing cache data for the app
• Reset router /appliance
• Logging out of the Samsung Account on the mobile device via App Manager
• Turn mobile OFF/ON
• Ensure mobile device/appliance is on the latest software/firmware

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Quietone
Journeyman
Options
Hey Chris M. Many thanks for the reply. The steps you mention are some that I've already tried, to no av avail.
However, the problem has now been resolved. My girlfriend, installed the smartthings app on her non samsung phone, a cheap chinese one. The app ran faultlessly for her, on a non samsung device. She was able to add the washer and access it with no problems.
I then tried, on my S8, and given the option of requesting to join the group. This then worked fine once she had confirmed my request.
Any clue as to why the difficulties experienced with a samsung device, and not the Chinese device?
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

It's hard to say at this stage, @Quietone. Something obviously wasn't quite right at the time of trying. Is everything working as it should now?

0 Likes
Jamie
Pioneer
Options

Hi @Quietone, I am glad you got it working, can you share the model number of your washer dryer please? You can find the model number on the inside of the door. This will help Samsung research your issue. It will begin WD****

Nearly all of Samsung washing machines are Ecobubble now :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Quietone
Journeyman
Options
Yes, as said above. All okay. I didn't need to try again, through my s8, I just joined my girlfriends group to access it through smartthings.
0 Likes
Quietone
Journeyman
Options
Here you go, its the WD90N645OOX/eu
Also, can you tell me if by adding the machine to the smartthings app also registers it for the warranty? If not, can you give me the url to do so please?
0 Likes
Jamie
Pioneer
Options

Thank you for the model number - Samsung will look into the connection issue you are having.

As for registering warranty, no it doesnt (although I think it should :winking-face:)

You need to go here: https://my-samsung.com/offers/fiveyearwarranty/

Jamie
Pioneer
Options
You get the 2 year as standard, you just need the proof of purchase should you need to use the warranty. The 10 year digital inverter motor part warranty is also standard and again no need to register just need proof of purchase

For 5 year use the above link to register (within 90 days of purchase) - certain models only (the webpage says it all really!)
Quietone
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for the link. However, my model washer dryer is not listed there. Can you confirm that it will be added so we can register it please.
0 Likes