Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart home App - not working

(Topic created on: 24-06-2017 01:03 PM)
Traveler99
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

since he last update of the smart home App (iOS version) the app does not work at all.

At the beginning it did crash every time during "connecting to server" - after Deinstallation and Installation it does not connect anymore to the smart home device (air condition in my case). He smart device itself is connected to Wifi and can be reached via PING....

i neeed help 😉

Go to solution
133 REPLIES 133
Aboutbuck
First Poster
Options

Massive iOS 11.2 issues for appMassive iOS 11.2 issues for appJust surprised my wife with our Samsung Smart Washers today. Bummed to find out they won’t update the app to work with 11.2. If they won’t fix, hope @HomeDepot will refund the Washer/Dryer 🙏

0 Likes
cool_vibe_tesla
Explorer
Options

@AntS @all is there any development to share in regards of the investigation of the IOS 11.2 issue? 

Eddie3
First Poster
Options

Having exactly the same issue as mentioned above. All was working fine until IOS 11.2.

IOS: 11.2

Model: Iphone 8

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No further updates as of yet @cool_vibe_tesla - it's still being investigated.

And thanks for the further info, guys. :robothappy:

0 Likes
cool_vibe_tesla
Explorer
Options

@AntS @all Update released and works like a charm. Finally we are in control of our own smart home again :-). Maybe it is an idea that the Samsung developper team is focused on this prior to the IOS releases? Much appreciated in advance and many thanks for the support! 

IMG_0211.PNGIMG_0212.PNG

Tekka
Student
Options

It is better indeed but not like a charm 😞

I need (again) to restart initialisation of my system AC !

When you are home it is fine. 

When you are away for 3 weeks and you need to turn on the heating 2-3 days before coming back if you don't want to spend 3 days like in an igloo ort is really (really) not fun

0 Likes
cool_vibe_tesla
Explorer
Options

@Tekka , I agree maybe this is something that can be considered in future developments? To be honest I like to manage my devices also web based and not only through the application. This way you are always in charge no matter if the application is working or not. I prefer to be  prepared for the worse ;-).

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Glad to know it's working for you now, @cool_vibe_tesla! :robothappy:

Appreciate the feedback from you too, @Tekka

0 Likes
cool_vibe_tesla
Explorer
Options

@AntS Thanks a lot for your response! I am really happy myself as well. Quick question is there anything planned/scheduled in regards of web based smart home management for devices that have been synced through the smart home application?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@cool_vibe_tesla: No worries. :robothappy:

Regarding your question, I’ve been advised that at least for now it’s unlikely, as there’s currently a preference towards the more secure aspects of the app on an authenticated device. It’s some great feedback though, and we’ll pass it on to the R&D team.

There’s also the potential of third party connections/interactions, like Google Assistant, Alexa, and IFTTT – but we’re afraid unable to provide any support on these if you do want to wander into those waters.