Support

Open search

Smart home App - not working

Dear Samsung team,

For a change the Samsung Smart Home application stopped working for me since two days +. It was working fine since 14-12-2017 unfortunately not anymore. it is stuck in the device authentication screen and stays there without any luck of getting authenticated. 

Steps of troubleshooting I have already done:

(1) Reset of router

(2) Reset of samsung smart wifi kit device connected to the AC 

(3) Removed the application from the iphone X and installed clean one from the appstore

(4) login with credentials works fine also the AC is recognized only the authentication fails or loops althoug I click on the AP button for one second.

Can you please have a look on your side or explain how to trouble shoot the current outage?

Thanks and best regards

Cool_Vibe_Tesla

IMG_0027.PNG

IMG_0028.PNGIMG_0029.PNGIMG_0030.PNGIMG_0031.PNGIMG_0032.PNGIMG_0033.jpg

Dear Ants,

Thanks a lot for your message! Glad to hear things are well. Unfortuntely to hear that things are migrated the smart home application worked so well untill two days ago. I have just tried the Smart things application unfortunately that doesn't work either. I have posted pictures in the below link:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Appliances/Smart-home-App-not-working/m-p/967810/highlight/...

You can see that the application is connected to the wifi

It couldn't add the device is the error

neither autodetect

The wifi hub is not supported it said

I made also a picture of my smart home device between the AC and the WIFI just for you to know.

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Thanks and best regards,

Cool_Vibe_Tesla

Highlighted

FYI This is the manual of the wifi kit that is used by my AC

http://samsung-ac.at/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/WifiKit_ServiceManual.pdf

Samsung device used is Air to water heatpump split hydro AE160JNYDEH

AntS Moderator

No worries @cool_vibe_tesla. And thanks for the info and screenshots there too! 

Just to cover some other things:

• What's the current version of iOS on your iPhone X?
  • What's the SmartThings app version you're using?
  • What's your ISP (and router make, if you know)?
  • Any issues with your Samsung Account linked to this all - and does logging out and back into it have any joy for you for getting the devices connected?

Community_Sig_S10_02s_f.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Dear Ants,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response! Please find the requested information below:

IPhone X IOS version 12.1.4

SmartThings app version: 1.6.28-225

I am using an f-secure sense IOT router:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/sense

The ISP is using a PPPoE connection over Ubiquiti hardware:

https://www.ui.com/airmax/litebeam-ac-gen2/

There are no issues with the samsung account it works fine I did logout and login into the application. Tried to connect the AC again without any luck. Same errors as in the above screenshot. :-/

Please let me know how you prefer to proceed.

Have a pleasant evening and keep in touch!

Best regards,

Cool_Vibe_Tesla

AntS Moderator

Thanks @cool_vibe_tesla

I've asked a couple of my colleagues who are more knowledgeable about the SmartThings-appliance setup than I am to take a look at this. I'll let you know what their advice is when they reply to me. 

Community_Sig_S10_02s_f.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

@AntS thanks a lot! I am eager for your response. I think it is important to highlight that all was working like a charm for a long while within the smart home application. Have a great weekend and keep in touch.

@AntS  Dear AntS, Not sure if something has been done one Samsung's side but luckily the old Smart home application is up and working like a charm again since Saturday as per below screenshot. Thanks a lot for your support much appreciated!

Best regards,

Cool_Vibe_Tesla

IMG_0037.PNG

Top Liked Authors