Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart home App - not working

(Topic created on: 20-02-2018 10:13 PM)
Traveler99
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

since he last update of the smart home App (iOS version) the app does not work at all.

At the beginning it did crash every time during "connecting to server" - after Deinstallation and Installation it does not connect anymore to the smart home device (air condition in my case). He smart device itself is connected to Wifi and can be reached via PING....

i neeed help 😉

133 REPLIES 133
cool_vibe_tesla
Explorer
Options

@ AntS thanks a lot for your prompt response including additional information :-)! Is there a place where we can follow the roadmap / scheduled improvements?  Maybe a developer community?  

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@cool_vibe_tesla: No current plans on releasing a roadmap or a place to follow the doings of the various software teams, I’m afraid.

There is a developer’s site and Community, but it’s more aimed at non-Samsung techy folks out there wanting to develop apps for various Samsung products. Links if you (or anyone else) want to check them out: http://developer.samsung.com/home.do and http://developer.samsung.com/community

0 Likes
Nakyoruto
Apprentice
Options

Well,

Kudo’s for getting the server bug fixed.

Would this also be the right place to suggest/ask for iPhone X screen optimization?

0 Likes
HomeAppliances2
Apprentice
Options
Smart Home app for iOS . . . well, just sucks. . . just finding it in the app store is a real chore. . . NO real links on Samsung to download iOS version on site? No secondary download sites. . . I am getting the very same problems that other are having. . . you sign in and it never connects to server!!! Never Has. Guys just make thing a little easy er. . . fix all the above problems. . . and update that ***** so it works with the latest iOS version!
0 Likes
Lavadora8kg
Apprentice
Options
Hi @AntS, some news about fix. For example, in my case, we have a different devices and not working at all. iOS version 8.4.1 in my old iPad2 and 11.2.2 in my iPhone 5s and another iPhone 7 Plus.
0 Likes
Lavadora8kg
Apprentice
Options

Some news?, test with Android, and not working!!!

Smart Home Service are ok? or not?

0 Likes
marvin49
Apprentice
Options

I have been experiencing the same issues as others  since upgrading to an iphone 8 ios version 11.2.5

App no longer connects to my induction range. Worked before. Get failed connection messages after going through the "AP /Smart Control" connection process. Re-intalling app makes no difference

0 Likes
H1982
First Poster
Options

We also bought the ac due to smart home app. It doesn't work on different devices iPhone 5s, IPhone 6S , and IPad all fully up to date both with Samsung app and iOS versions 

0 Likes
H1982
First Poster
Options
Are u still able to Use the app?
0 Likes
marvin49
Apprentice
Options

No I am unable to get past the final step where it connects to the server. It just fails at that point after a couple minutes of trying to connect.   The app worked prior to my latest iphone 8 updateSamsung app 1.jpgSamsung app 2.jpg

0 Likes