Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart home App - not working

(Topic created on: 18-07-2019 11:48 AM)
Traveler99
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

since he last update of the smart home App (iOS version) the app does not work at all.

At the beginning it did crash every time during "connecting to server" - after Deinstallation and Installation it does not connect anymore to the smart home device (air condition in my case). He smart device itself is connected to Wifi and can be reached via PING....

i neeed help 😉

133 REPLIES 133
rknox
First Poster
Options

Hi,

i recently purchased a refurbed Powerbot.  I am having same problems with smart home app on iOS.  It all worked (sort of, as like every other attempt) for a week or so.  Now however I cycle among three modes:  long “connecting to server”messages that time out, “the connection between mobile device and Samsung smart home server failed”message, and the “login is expired”message.  All exactly as described earlier in this thread.   I have latest 12.2 iOS on iPhone 6s, also tried 12.2 on iPad air2.   Help.

0 Likes
GX2
First Poster
Options

Here is some  more info on the is.

Phone:  iPhone XS Max

iOS Version: 12.1.4

SIMG_1065.PNGVacuum.jpgVacuum Label.jpgcreenshots tell the rest.

0 Likes
rknox
First Poster
Options

It appears a new version was released today.  No indication that the app was updated, but the setup process is slightly changed, and I was able to get control of my powerbot from both iPhone 6s and iPad (both iOS 12.2).   Not sure if it was necessary but I  went through the add new device process, forcing it to reassign the powerbot to my WiFi network.  Once through that their was a new control screen with help overlay.

0 Likes
plunderisley
Apprentice
Options

I'm trying to re-add my air con units to the smart home app (the smartthings does not want to work with my air con units) but for 2 out of the 4,i received this error at the final part

Check the country code of your Samsung account, and try again. To register the device, make sure the country codes specific to user accounts match between you and the first device user.

I'm the first device user. They were bought and installed in PL and they were all working fine a few months ago. 2 have that error while the other 2 were added . 

I'm not sure how to fix this issue. 

0 Likes
Kseles
First Poster
Options

Has anyone been able to resolve „no indoor unit“ error? 

Thanks,

Kenan

0 Likes
Midnightsun
First Poster
Options

Just purchased a Dacor column fridge/freezer and trying to connect to the IQ kitchen app. I am also getting the

"failed to connect to server message" Have tried everything including installing/uninstalling the app several times with reboots, no luck. 

Running the latest ios on iphone X. Should maybe mention I am trying to install this for the first time.

Would really like some help in fixing this

0 Likes
wi76ma
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I can't conneting to the server and the application is not working at all!

What is the problem?

0 Likes
BartoszUK
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Did you manage to get rid of the error?

0 Likes
MAYKEL
Journeyman
Options
I have the same problem and really don't know what to do!?
0 Likes
Krish2
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew did you manage to get this working? I am having the same issue.

Pls help

0 Likes