Support

Open search

Cannot turn off my Samsung account 2-step verification

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

I cannot turn off my Samsung account 2-step verification no matter how many times I tried it. I managed to log into my Samsung account in my mobile phone (Galaxy S6), tapped on "My Profile", tapped on the "Security" Tap, and tapped on the "Turn off" button of the 2-step verification entry, then "Confrim" my request to disable the 2-step verification. However, everytime it return to the previouse page where it shows that the 2-step verification is still ON.

Is there anyway that a Samsung represetive can turn it off from thier side. This drive me crazy and I really regret the moment I turned on the 2-step verification.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @BenTa 

It sounds like our Accounts team may need to have a look at this for you. After selecting 'Samsung account' on your phone, you should see a 'Help' option. Select this and you'll see 'Contact us'. This will open up an email template which you can fill in and send off to our accounts team. They'll then be able to advise you further from there.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi @BenTa 

It sounds like our Accounts team may need to have a look at this for you. After selecting 'Samsung account' on your phone, you should see a 'Help' option. Select this and you'll see 'Contact us'. This will open up an email template which you can fill in and send off to our accounts team. They'll then be able to advise you further from there.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
First Poster

Thanks a lot Chris for the tip, and yes, I contacted the Account Team and they managed to disable the 2-step verification for me.

Unfraternally, the 2-step verification was a very bad experience for me, especially here in the UK as Samsung almost always fail to send the verification code, and if it did, the code won’t be accepted.

Kind regards

Highlighted

Glad you got it sorted, @BenTa, and apologies for any inconvenience you've had with the verification codes.

Highlighted
First Poster

I have the same problem and I sent many mails to your team but no reply for a week !!!!!!!

Top Liked Authors