Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A thin horizontal line through my S8 and it makes one section of my phone darker than the other. It doesn't move or anything.

(Topic created on: 10-11-2019 10:44 AM)
JesiFocze
First Poster
Options

A thin horizontal line through my S8 and it makes one section of my phone darker than the other. It doesn't move.

My S8 is slightly cracked in the corner but it's not that noticeable, so i don't think that the crack is the main fault of it.

I've had this thin line for quite some time now and i've tried leaving my phone shut down but it didn't really work. What should i do? Is it because of overheat? I use my phone while charging and i think i should stop doing that.. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options
@JesiFocze: Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Galaxy S8. If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select Red, Green and Blue from the series of grey tiles, does the line show up in any of these tests? If so then I recommend visiting a Samsung Support Centre where an engineer can inspect and repair the phone for you. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

Please be aware that the engineer must address all faults identified during the inspection to ensure that they are not a contributing factor, and to prevent future issues arising. Physical damage is not covered by the manufacturers warranty, therefore a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service.