Support

Open search

The Spooky Spooky Thread

TracyR Moderator

Hi all! 

Let's talk Halloween:

Favourite memories, favourite part, best movies, best characters - all that crazy stuff!

We've got a bit of Beetlejuice playing in the office today! Ghost  

My favourite part was going around trick or treating with my family when I was a kid, then coming home and bobbing for apples - but this was back in the 90's/early 00's. I don't think people really go trick or treating much these days.

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge   

4 REPLIES 4
DannyT Moderator
Trick or treating aged like 13/14 for about 5 hours with friends. Then coming home with a literally full carrier bag of sweets and about £80 in change.

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Superuser I
Superuser I

Similar experiences though found folk were not quite so generous, did not trick/treat so long though     One stand  out moment though was when my Halloween costume for the Cubs was as a Post Box and winning a prize!   Not first place though as that went to an Oxo Cube, but had not expexcted it. The spooky things did not do so well that year.

MasukaH Moderator

Hi all!

I've never been trick or treating in my younger years! I know..! (shock, horror)   
Instead, I'd be the one to hand out sweets.. and then my sister and I would take turns to sneak all the sweets and treats to our rooms when my parents weren’t looking.. 

I loveee scary movies, the last one I watched that freaked me out a little was Hereditary! I've also binge watched The Haunting of Hill House..  it's pretty good! Love the way the whole thing ties together at the end! 

I agree though @TracyR, people don't seem to go trick or treating as much anymore - we didn't have any this year. Ghost 

samos.png

TracyR Moderator

The last scary movie I watched was when I went to see A Quiet Place with a few people from the office! Very intense movie.

I was surprised by the lack of trick or treaters out this year, I have't really noticed the last few years because I lived in a flat but I live in a house now and we only got about 4 sets of people - loads of sweets left over for me. 

When I used to go out as a kid there was a constant stream of kids out as soon as it got dark.

Ghost

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge   

Top Liked Authors