Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Spooky Spooky Thread

(Topic created on: 01-11-2018 08:09 PM)
TracyR
Options

Hi all! 

Let's talk Halloween:

Favourite memories, favourite part, best movies, best characters - all that crazy stuff!

We've got a bit of Beetlejuice playing in the office today! Ghost :jack-o-lantern: :clapper-board:

My favourite part was going around trick or treating with my family when I was a kid, then coming home and bobbing for apples - but this was back in the 90's/early 00's. I don't think people really go trick or treating much these days.

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

4 REPLIES 4
DannyT
Options
Trick or treating aged like 13/14 for about 5 hours with friends. Then coming home with a literally full carrier bag of sweets and about £80 in change.

Welcome to the Community!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Similar experiences though found folk were not quite so generous, did not trick/treat so long though  :smiling-face:   One stand  out moment though was when my Halloween costume for the Cubs was as a Post Box and winning a prize!   Not first place though as that went to an Oxo Cube, but had not expexcted it. The spooky things did not do so well that year.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hi all!

I've never been trick or treating in my younger years! I know..! (shock, horror)  :jack-o-lantern: 
Instead, I'd be the one to hand out sweets.. and then my sister and I would take turns to sneak all the sweets and treats to our rooms when my parents weren’t looking.. :smiling-face-with-horns:

I loveee scary movies, the last one I watched that freaked me out a little was Hereditary! I've also binge watched The Haunting of Hill House..  it's pretty good! Love the way the whole thing ties together at the end! 

I agree though @TracyR, people don't seem to go trick or treating as much anymore - we didn't have any this year. Ghost 

TracyR
Options

The last scary movie I watched was when I went to see A Quiet Place with a few people from the office! Very intense movie.

I was surprised by the lack of trick or treaters out this year, I have't really noticed the last few years because I lived in a flat but I live in a house now and we only got about 4 sets of people - loads of sweets left over for me. 

When I used to go out as a kid there was a constant stream of kids out as soon as it got dark.

:jack-o-lantern: Ghost

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge