Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung KX: Samsung to Open 20,000 sq. ft. Creative and Digital Playground at Coal Drops Yard in London’s King’s Cross

(Topic created on: 26-06-2019 01:29 PM)
AntS
Options

This was teased at the Cannes Lions 2019 show. From our Newsroom:

dhf-e1561463756999.jpgKings-Cross-612x408.jpg

Some of the official blurb on Samsung KX:

"Visitors will be among the first in the world to test one-of-a-kind concept tech innovations, engage with activities that will be brought to life on the world’s first vertical 10-metre-wide curved Samsung screen, hot-desk and get together in the in-house café as well as take home a series of personalised items:

• Digital Cockpit: Experience the future of automotive through this seamless, connected driving experience
  • Galaxy Graffiti: Embrace creativity by using a Galaxy S10 ‘spray can’ to digitally draw on the gigantic 10m wide screen
  • DJ Galaxy: Learn the art of music – each beat is brought to life through real-time LED sound visualisation
  • AR Message Tree: Fill the air with AR notes for strangers to unfold
  • 3D ME: Celebrate the power of self-expression by creating a mini 3D figure using a Galaxy S10 device
  • Collage Me: Turn a selfie into a unique, personalised collage – a souvenir to take away or proudly leave on Samsung KX’s display wall

Samsung KX is a place of discovery, where people can interact with cutting edge innovation and local community passions under one iconic roof through a roster of skills sharing events and workshops, providing a breadth of experiences available to all.

The stage and its unique main screen will be used to host performances by local talent, film nights and immersive wellness classes. The kitchen, powered by Samsung’s latest connected offerings, ready for everything from mixology sessions, cookery masterclasses to supper clubs as well as a dedicated space kitted out with best-in-class gaming experiences.

Samsung KX puts a huge emphasis on local culture to provide an inspiration hub for those living in – and visiting – London. The space has been built to capture the imagination and spirit of the King’s Cross community. The brand has been working with local community groups that will benefit from the space, ranging from charities such as Small Green Shoots and Food Chain to art and culture organisations such as Central Saint Martin’s, Young Film Academy and University College London."

Sounds like it might be an interesting place to visit. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

(Official Samsung Newsroom articles on Samsung KX  here and here. Coal Drops Yard site here; and if you're wondering where Coal Drops Yard is, you can find it on Google Maps here.)

8 REPLIES 8
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Well that certainly looks interesting, much to keep you entertained and occupied:winking-face:    would be worth visiting if you are in the area.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

I have London...waiting...

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Supercool! Something I really want to visit once :winking-face:

...That said, I probably need to apply for a new passport for that because my ID card won't be valid to enter the UK in a few months :') I just hate the chores of the paperwork to get that done (Getting a decent picture is the worst part, I look like a criminal!). 

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

You always will be a criminal :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Pssssh, my criminal record is probably cleaner than that of everyone else here :') I never had a speeding ticket nor was never fined for driving without lights (Or going though red for that matter).

...I also got a new passport! :smiling-face: (Just picked it up yesterday ^-^ ) 

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Motivation is important, but unintentionally, for hobby, enthusiasm or charm, there may be a causal disturbance to being anything criminal.

Hahaha welcome !! Have a nice time visiting it and London too :raised-hand-with-part-between-middle-and-ring-fingers:

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Pictures are interesting, a moderm desing building, thanks.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ldn20 wrote:
Anyone visit kx store today, Aug bank holiday Monday? I will be there around 12 and will stay for travel masterclass, starting at 3pm.

Hi @Ldn20  Let us know how you find London KX- good day for it!    Some staff and a few Superusers visited early this month and we were impressed.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.