cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Hacks - Playing YouTube videos in the background and on repeat

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 12:35 PM)
AntS
Options

Couple of things I discovered last night on my S10 running One UI 2.

Playing YouTube videos in the background

• Google Chrome app opening page > YouTube (or 'Home -YouTube') > choose your video > Settings  (top 3 dots) > Desktop site > [play video] > Home button.

Select the 'YouTube' /'Home - YouTube' iconSelect the 'YouTube' /'Home - YouTube' icon

'Selecting Desktop site' will take you to the desktop version of the YouTube video'Selecting Desktop site' will take you to the desktop version of the YouTube video

If the video stops playing, pull down the Notifications/Quick Panel, and press play on the notification.

Screenshot_20200131-104433_One UI Home.jpg

Looping YouTube videos on a Samsung smartphone (without using 3rd party apps)

Two ways: via Chrome or YouTube app.

1. Google Chrome app

• Google Chrome app opening page > YouTube > choose your video > Settings  (top 3 dots) > Desktop site > zoom in and long press to bring up options menu > Loop

Long pressing the video will bring up the standard right-click menuLong pressing the video will bring up the standard right-click menu

2. YouTube app

• YouTube app > choose your video >  tap the arrow directly below the video > tap 'Save > + New Playlist > [name the Playlist] > Library > [select your Playlist] > [play] > tap the Down arrow next the Playlist name > tap the 'loop' icon.

Clicking the arrow to the right of the video title brings up this menuClicking the arrow to the right of the video title brings up this menu

Create a new PlaylistCreate a new Playlist

Creating my new PlaylistCreating my new Playlist

Once in the Playlist, tap the arrow, and then 'the loop' iconOnce in the Playlist, tap the arrow, and then 'the loop' icon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks may already be aware of these, but thought I'd post them here anyway.:smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

@Discover , Let me know if this is any good for you. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

2 REPLIES 2
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Sneaky trick! Me likey!
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Meant to respond before, sure the looping tip will be great for many :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.