cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite

(Topic created on: 23-06-2019 10:39 PM)
TracyR
Options

So... has anyone played Harry Potter: Wizards Unite yet?

First impressions are gooooooooood, very good actually. I'm obsessed. I'm not even lying when I say that I played it so much yesterday that it was in my dreams last night. So, take from that what you will :face-with-tears-of-joy: 

For those of you who don't know, Wizards Unite is the newest mobile game from developer Niantic - the creator of Pokemon Go and Ingress. It's an augmented reality (AR) based game allowing users to use magic in the real world through their phones. The story is, that a calamity has befallen the wizarding world, causing Foundables—magical artefacts, creatures, people, and even memories—to mysteriously appear in the Muggle world. As a new recruit of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force, you’ll work with witches and wizards from across the globe to solve the mystery of The Calamity and keep magic safe from Muggle eyes.

If that doesn't entice you, you can also make your own wand and chose which house you want to represent. (My wand is a Cherry Wood 12 1/4 inch with a Pheonix Feather, and as always, since the original test on Pottermore, I am forever a Ravenclaw!)

If you head on to the Galaxy Store (and you're not a muggle, you'll be presented with the below)

Screenshot_20190621-100124_Galaxy Store.jpg

Then you've got your Ministry ID, here's mine below. I haven't stopped playing since I found out it was available, so I'm level 8 and a level 3 Auror (you get to chose your profession at level 6.) 

You can change your photo, your name (the name I've got is only visible to me, friends can see your chosen username), your wand, your house and add achievements to the bottom. 

Then below that is a screenshot from the real world map. There's not much around where I am at work, but I have so much around me at home. The smaller items are potion ingredients... YES, you can brew your own potions,  and I KNOW, it just keeps getting better! The larger icons are the encounters, where you will cast spells to save the Foundables from the Calamity.

Screenshot_20190621-100950_Wizards Unite.jpgScreenshot_20190621-101526_Wizards Unite.jpg

There it is, here we need to rescue Kneazle from this fire breathing chicken. To do it, you trace your finger along the spell to cast it.

Screenshot_20190621-101550_Wizards Unite.jpgScreenshot_20190621-101559_Wizards Unite.jpgScreenshot_20190621-101640_Wizards Unite.jpg

You can also find and walk to open Portkeys, allowing you to use AR+ to step into a Portkey (I love this bit!)

You can choose your profession and take lessons, mastering your craft

And, you can pretend to be taking some classes with Snape back in the day by brewing potions to help you on your Magical quest.

Screenshot_20190621-101220_Wizards Unite.jpgScreenshot_20190621-101833_Wizards Unite.jpgScreenshot_20190621-101850_Wizards Unite.jpgScreenshot_20190621-101951_Wizards Unite.jpgScreenshot_20190621-102011_Wizards Unite.jpg

Trust me, it's worth the download. I must warn you though, the game isn't available to muggles, so... I guess it's time to find out if you've got what it takes!

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

5 REPLIES 5
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options

Nice write-up @TracyR ! Although I'm not a huge fan so I'll pass on this one. I like how AR has been incorporated though. 

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Nice write up!

If I'm completely honest the chance is more likely for me to restart with ingress and re-connect to the local playerbase ^-^ You would be surprised what people do in that game to get an advantage ^-^ And gosh, community events with military precision. Good ol' times.

RpBP
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
Christine9
Apprentice
Options
Portkeys dont work on my samsung as my phone hasn't got gyroscope any apps I can download to open them as I'm really living playing wizards unite
0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Christine9 , I have a look about a virtual gyroscope but people said that doesn't work with the playgame. Also they tried other method with a Xposed module with root, was more complicated and dangerous for install, but did not worked in all phones tested.

Exist the same problem with Pokemon Go, I suposse you will have a fake giroscope inside de play game soon. We can calculate datas with other sensors values by math formula.

At the moment is an issue extended to many devices and your will need to wait an update program with a fix.

I don't know if other colleages can help us with you issue. Thank you and good luck with your Portkeys :four-leaf-clover:

0 Likes