Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Of Thrones [May Contain Spoilers]

(Topic created on: 21-05-2019 12:28 PM)
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

It's been a long road, but we're finally nearing the finale of Game Of Thrones (only slightly shocked that this thread didn't already exist). What do you thinks going to happen? Who is going to be sitting pretty on the Iron Throne after the almighty battle - if there is an afterwards?

Who lives, who dies? C'mon, it's Game Of Thrones... we're getting our hearts torn to shreds one way or another! What theories do you have? What did you think of the last two episodes?

I'm honestly the most excited, and could talk about this 24/7 :smiling-face::wolf-face:

39 REPLIES 39
CarlH
Options

If she's not waiting for soldiers to rest, she ain't fannying around waiting for some dragon armour to be forged. 

ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

@CarlH You have a point - There has to be something going on with the dragon that terrifies Euron though! I guess we'll have to wait and see :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Daenerys is going to start burning down King's landing and turn into the mad Queen. The night King isn't dead. Bran might turn into the night King. 

ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

@Anonymous User That does sound highly likely. Missandei didn't shout Dracarys for nothing! I am so excited for this week's episode. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Season's not even over yet, but apparently, there's a "fan" petition for a Season 8 remake with new writers:face-with-rolling-eyes:

Unsure if it's testament to Emilia Clarke's cuteness or the Dany hard-luck/life story that some people missed or forgot that Daenerys showed strong signs of eventually becoming a tragically doomed, destructive, and self-deceptive messianic character since Season 1, and we've had numerous signposts of that throughout...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Looks like my prediction was correct heheh

0 Likes
AntS
Options

So, thoughts on the final episode? Are folks in the "Avy jorrāelan!" (all heart-eyes love) or "Dracarys!" (burn it, burn it with fire, hate) camp - or maybe somewhere inbetween and as conflicted as Jon Snow?

I agree with the detractors (of both the episode, and perhaps the final season as a whole) that there were missed opportunities for some amazing moments and directions that I think quite a few people had envisioned in their heads. But for me, the episode's cinematography, symbolism and internal reference were very clever; and the resolution on the character narratives felt satisfactory.

DannyT
Options
After such an incredible run is 'satisfactory' really what we're looking for?

It was just a series of wasted opportunities in my opinion. I understand they had a story that they needed to get out, but could this have been better done over two series? Or a few extra episodes? It's not like they were short on money...

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

I agree. All the effort went into making it a spectacle instead of interesting. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I 'm just back after a short  break and will probably see it tonight  (well could have  watched  earlier but preferred to view on TV),  though know it's been slated by  some-may well be a disappointment but will judge for myself and should still get enjoyment from it. :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.