Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Of Thrones [May Contain Spoilers]

(Topic created on: 02-05-2019 10:52 AM)
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

It's been a long road, but we're finally nearing the finale of Game Of Thrones (only slightly shocked that this thread didn't already exist). What do you thinks going to happen? Who is going to be sitting pretty on the Iron Throne after the almighty battle - if there is an afterwards?

Who lives, who dies? C'mon, it's Game Of Thrones... we're getting our hearts torn to shreds one way or another! What theories do you have? What did you think of the last two episodes?

I'm honestly the most excited, and could talk about this 24/7 :smiling-face::wolf-face:

39 REPLIES 39
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Bit of a late comer to Game Of Thrones but did get hooked,still  not seen some of the early run though.

If you want to know something  about episode 3:

Spoiler

Meaanwhile there could well be prequels, though looks like being 2020 before see light of day.   http://time.com/5101228/game-of-thrones-prequels-timeline/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ChelseaH
Voyager
Options
I got hooked too, and now I watch every episode religiously. If Episode 3 is going to be as good as they say, I might stay up to watch it - I don't think I could handle any confirmed spoilers this far on! That article was an interesting read though, and when you think about it, so likely to happen. I love most of the characters in the show at the minute, and I don't think I'm prepared enough for any of them to die 😧
AntS
Options

Season 8 Episode 3:

E P I C 

(Plus, a bit dark on the visual side.)

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Episode 3 was magnificent and some adventure, though parts of it were a bit dark.  Created a bit of a buzz along with a furore, from some.  Will though  partly depend on viewing method  and quality of equipment.

A report here https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/zmpnma/was-last-nights-game-of-thrones-too-dark-or-does-y...

Whilst the cinematographer hits back!    https://www.nme.com/news/tv/game-of-thrones-the-long-night-too-dark-to-watch-twitter-fan-complaints-...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AntS
Options

LOL. Creative temperament, eh? :face-with-rolling-eyes: (He says, being a creative type. :winking-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:)

Not totally sure most people generally go for retuning their TV’s picture settings before a broadcast without prompting.

Like with filming character POV/immersive, the decision to go for a more ‘authentic and immersive viewer experience’ direction has its drawbacks when it comes to the viewing. One of the more infamous recent examples of that I know of is in Bay’s Transformers movies, where I once described the fight scenes as something like “watching random bits of metal and machine parts being spun around in a washing machine”.

In any case, Episode 3's visual darkness wasn't too bad for me - and didn't spoil my enjoyment of it. 

ChelseaH
Voyager
Options
There's definitely some mixed emotions flying around about Episode 3 - I absolutely loved it though! They spared us some heartbreak, but I doubt they'll be so kind in the final battle. I cried like a baby at the few deaths that did happen, and seeing Ghost run on the front line tugged at the heartstrings. The darkness didn't ruin anything for me either, I thought it added to the tension of the episode!
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree there can be  some  disadvantages  with an authentic/realistic  experience which will amaze some but displease others, however in this case an effective production and think the contrast enhanced the viewer experience.    Perhaps was not at the most optimal level but the dark  scenes did not bother me too much.  Particularly when watching live think people will not fiddle too much with the settings.   Though in general terms I do make some adjustments depending on the content.

CarlH
Options

After watching it, I now reckon Jon and Daenerys will die at some point and Arya will sit on the throne. Surprised to see a ten year old get crushed by a giant zombie though. 

ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

@CarlH I'm sure the cast said even they were shocked at how it ends - none of them could guess it (apparantly). Arya is probably my favourite character right now. I care for Daenerys a little more after watching her attempt to fight, but not enough :smiling-face: :smiling-face-with-horns:

0 Likes
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

Well I didn't expect everybody to be so outraged all over social media at that last episode, I rather enjoyed it! 

What do you think is going to happen now? If Daenerys doesn't storm in there and absolutely destroy Cersei I'll be disappointed! The Episode 5 trailer showed Euron looking a little... terrified? shocked? Imagine if Drogon gets kitted up in armour (I mean she didn't make Gendry a Lord for no reason, right?). How cool would that be!?