Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Username?

(Topic created on: 11-03-2019 12:52 PM)
ColonelPanicky
Explorer
Options

Hi, I'm trying to change my username (blame my fat fingers when registering!)- searching, I saw a guide from Dec 2018 showing how to do this, but there no longer seems to be an option 😞 It's annoying, as you cant create a new account as it's linked to your Samsung Account! Does anyone know if you can change your username, and if so, how?

Many Thanks!

30 REPLIES 30
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I had the similar issue when I  joined too @ColonelPanicky 

Let the Community Team here catch up with your thread and they'll help you too I'm sure. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@ColonelPanicky: If you want to change your Community username then simply tap on your profile picture in the top right corner (next to search field), select 'My Settings' and you will see the 'Change Login' option. Hope this helps.
ColonelPanicky
Explorer
Options

Hi both, thanks for your responses,

@AndrewL wrote:
@ColonelPanicky: If you want to change your Community username then simply tap on your profile picture in the top right corner (next to search field), select 'My Settings' and you will see the 'Change Login' option. Hope this helps.

@AndrewL I cannot see this option, I can see: 

'Edit your Samsung Account Basic Profile' but when I click on the link it always takes me to a page with an error message- is this where you mean? Thank you!

AndrewL
Options
Apologies @ColonelPanicky, it appears that only moderators have the ability to amend a username. If you send me a private message with your preferred name I can get this done for you.
ColonelPanicky
Explorer
Options

Thank you, PM sent 🙂

Moisty007
Explorer
Options

Hi, I did the same thing by entering the wrong description in the user name field late one night, can anyone help me to change this please?

Many thanks.

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Moisty007 

If you can send a private message through to me with your preferred user name, I'll get this changed for you.

Rainy
Navigator
Options

Hi I've been asking the same thing, you can change anything but user name. If you find out how to please let me know it's so frustrating. 

0 Likes
Rainy
Navigator
Options

I have the Galaxy s10 

0 Likes