Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book Club

(Topic created on: 01-08-2019 09:54 AM)
TracyR
Options

Hey all!

Myself, and a few people from the office, including @ChelseaH@AntS and @DannyT have recently started a Book Club and we're excited to open it up to the community for anyone who wants to join us. 

We're reading a book every 2 weeks and we're open to reading suggestions. 

We do have a Good Reads Website: Brave New Book Club (It is a closed group, so just send the request to join.)

There are a few rules, but the main one is to be mindful of spoilers, if you want to discuss here then use the 'spoiler tag' button along the top bar. 

See below for the reading list :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

At the end of the 2 weeks, we'll have a discussion where you can share your thoughts and you can leave a review on here or on Good Reads.

Read/Currently Reading/Upcoming:

• Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
  • Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
  • 2084 - Mason Engel
  • The Hellbound Heart - Clive Barkers
  • Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
  • Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
  • Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - Robert Louis Stevenson

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

13 REPLIES 13
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Nice, I will be closely following what you all read and perhaps I will read a bit here and there myself (Time is the issue 😛 ). Too many awesome things to do, too little time 😛
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Elegant and eficiency Website

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Very interesting iniciative and you can do a lot of things with that. I spend long time to finish a book but opinions are greats and concept is right...I have three books pending to finish or start and/or I prefere my own book of life :earth-globe-europe-africa: (in this time, of course)

YulianK
Black Belt 
Options

Read/Currently Reading/Upcoming:

• Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
  • Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
  • 2084 - Mason Engel
  • The Hellbound Heart - Clive Barkers

Good line up for a new Black Mirror series:smiling-face:

The first 2 are great,  just need to add 1984 and you have a dystopian trinity.

Big fan of sci-fi myself and you can literally pick any story from Bradbury, Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein or Dick and it would be a good read:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Not a huge fan of horror but Stephen King and Edgar Allan Poe are excellent. Will try to add a list of books one of these days, can't remeber off the top my head. It's been a long time:face-with-rolling-eyes:

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Books, Films, Shows, Music, Art, Trips, Life, Sports, All...When do you stop of do? :grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye:

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options
  • Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury was wroten before to the new revelations.
  • about Un Mundo Feliz (Brave New World, 1932) Aldous Huxley was read yet. Good time with this lazy story about the society, actual in one or other form, archeotipeding.

I don't meet the other ones at the moment, thanks :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Brown forever, meeting others simbols :earth-globe-europe-africa:

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Mind reading Brave New World  at school which was a little while ago  :smiling-face:    Have read some of Clive Barker's stuff, though not lately, Ray Bradbury interesting too.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

2084 was such a hard book to read, it took me forever to get through it. The ending was ridiculous too. 

I've jumped onto the Delirium series - One down, two to go! The first one was super good, and the ending had me entirely. I cannot wait to start the second book. Anybody else reading anything good? 

0 Likes