Support

Open search

Baking/ Cooking

CarlH Moderator

Anybody here like to bake/ cook? I like making vegetarian sausage rolls (despite no longer being a veggie) and I'm sure you'll love them too! Really simple, just mash a pack of Cauldron Sausages and wrap in pastry. I sometimes spice them up by adding chilli. I've also made this into a sausage and tomato pie. 

My weekly ritual also consists of making curry. The onions at the begining are the key: fry a chopped onion, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garam masala, turmeric and coriander (I could pretty much just eat this). Then, add the curry paste (half a jar of Madras preferably) and about 100ml of cold water. Once that has evaporated, add some diced chicken breast (or anything you like, beef would be tough so I recommend slow cooking that prior to starting). Once the meat is sealed, add a tin of tomatoes and simmer for a further 20-ish minutes. As for the rice, I usually fry that with some of the previous ingredients used for the onions but add a dash of garlic salt to taste! 

4 REPLIES
TracyR Moderator

I can vouch here @CarlH's sausage rolls are amazing, as are the scotch eggs he makes!

I love to bake - mostly cookies. I started experimenting with puff pastry and nutella for the last bake off we did in the office, they turned out very tasty!

I cook most nights as well, I make a mean casserole if i do say so myself! 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge   

Superuser I
Superuser I
I love to cook, but I rarely make time for it to do it really well.

….Currently I'm cooking a traditional Dutch meal named "Hutspot". Yum!
Helping Hand

If you need a spanish receipe, you can ask me or you can go to our Spanish Community and ask us

We could exchange them 🙃

Greeting from Spain

Helping Hand

Hey @SjorsK, please show us your secret recipe hahahaha

and you @CarlH, what is your favorite foot?

Greetings

Top Liked Authors