cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baking/ Cooking

(Topic created on: 15-11-2018 06:50 PM)
CarlH
Options

Anybody here like to bake/ cook? I like making vegetarian sausage rolls (despite no longer being a veggie) and I'm sure you'll love them too! Really simple, just mash a pack of Cauldron Sausages and wrap in pastry. I sometimes spice them up by adding chilli. I've also made this into a sausage and tomato pie. 

My weekly ritual also consists of making curry. The onions at the begining are the key: fry a chopped onion, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garam masala, turmeric and coriander (I could pretty much just eat this). Then, add the curry paste (half a jar of Madras preferably) and about 100ml of cold water. Once that has evaporated, add some diced chicken breast (or anything you like, beef would be tough so I recommend slow cooking that prior to starting). Once the meat is sealed, add a tin of tomatoes and simmer for a further 20-ish minutes. As for the rice, I usually fry that with some of the previous ingredients used for the onions but add a dash of garlic salt to taste! 

7 REPLIES 7
TracyR
Options

I can vouch here @CarlH's sausage rolls are amazing, as are the scotch eggs he makes!

I love to bake - mostly cookies. I started experimenting with puff pastry and nutella for the last bake off we did in the office, they turned out very tasty!

I cook most nights as well, I make a mean casserole if i do say so myself! 

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

SjorsK
Maestro
Options
I love to cook, but I rarely make time for it to do it really well.

….Currently I'm cooking a traditional Dutch meal named "Hutspot". Yum! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

If you need a spanish receipe, you can ask me or you can go to our Spanish Community and ask us :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

We could exchange them 🙃

Greeting from Spain

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Hey @SjorsK, please show us your secret recipe hahahaha

and you @CarlH, what is your favorite foot?

Greetings

0 Likes
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

Oh I'm honestly the worst at cooking! I can make a limited amount of things. I much prefer baking... specificially cupcakes!

RpBP2
Pathfinder
Options

We can star with a Special Sauce, what do you think?

Little history:

The garum is a mythical sauce from ancient Rome whose composition does not sound too appetizing: viscera and fish blood, all fermented for weeks. It had two perfectly compatible and combinable uses: one, to flavor the food -it was supposed to taste salty, and was used more or less like soy sauce- and two, to put palotes to the gentlemen (and I mean gentlemen in all respects) of the word, because only the upper classes consumed it).

The recipe does not have much complication -except finding good quality anchovies so that it does not come out too salty-, but it is a tad laborious because you have to debone the olives. The most comfortable thing is to choose some quite fleshy, soft and wrinkled, and remove the bone with your hands, because its texture is not suitable for this preparation and instead of a creamy and sexy cream would be an earthy and unpleasant pastuflis.

1368421200_136842_1368421200_noticia_normal.jpg

Garum

Difficulty
Easy

Ingredients
For 4 people

500 g of black olives (Names: Dead of Aragon, Kalamata or some other very fleshy, for example)
Between 60 and 100 g of anchovies in olive oil drained (2 or 3 cans of small)
2 cloves of garlic
1 level teaspoon of oregano
A pinch of cayenne (optional)
Extra virgin olive oil

Accompaniment (optional)
1 large carrot
1/2 zucchini
1/2 cucumber
1/2 red pepper
Pita bread

Preparation
1. Bone the olives and process with a robot or blender together with the anchovies, oregano and (if you like) the cayenne. It is advisable not to put all the anchovies, and keep adding until reaching the appropriate salt point.
2. Add a little oil until you get a pasty and easy to spread texture.
3. Peel the cloves of garlic and chafarlos a little without breaking them. Put them inside the pasta, take a few turns and let sit a few hours in the fridge.
4. Remove the garlic and serve with the cut vegetables in thick sticks and triangles of toasted pita bread.
0 Likes
RpBP2
Pathfinder
Options

It's a pendient recipe I have to made and I will try some variants after test it, I suppose.

Let us your comment and tell me if it was a good Rome Recipe

0 Likes