Support

Open search

Scrap the 'OK' button when unlocking the phone with a passcode

SOLVED
First Poster

One of the most frustrating things after switching to android for the first time with the S10 is having to press the 'Ok' button to confirm your passcode. 

It's an unnecessary extra step. 

I suggest that after you enter the correct passcode the phone unlocks instantly. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

@AEl This is possible already.

Settings app -> Lock screen -> Screen lock type -> Enter your pin -> PIN -> re-type your PIN to use as the "new" pin, and tick the "Confirm PIN without tapping OK" checkbox. Continue and re-type your pin again. It'll auto confirm, and then your lock screen will automatically unlock once you enter the correct PIN. 

I think the option is only possible to change when you're setting up a new PIN, that's why you re-type your existing on as the "new" pin, so it can set it up. 

View solution in original post

Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator

Hi @AEl 

Let me move it to questions, so other members can see the solution, if they come across a similar query 

Thanks for helping out @ryamoo 

3 REPLIES 3
Apprentice

@AEl This is possible already.

Settings app -> Lock screen -> Screen lock type -> Enter your pin -> PIN -> re-type your PIN to use as the "new" pin, and tick the "Confirm PIN without tapping OK" checkbox. Continue and re-type your pin again. It'll auto confirm, and then your lock screen will automatically unlock once you enter the correct PIN. 

I think the option is only possible to change when you're setting up a new PIN, that's why you re-type your existing on as the "new" pin, so it can set it up. 

First Poster

Thank you,

Saved me infinite amount of pain.

Ill leave this open unless a mod wants to close it incase others can learn about this too.

Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator

Hi @AEl 

Let me move it to questions, so other members can see the solution, if they come across a similar query 

Thanks for helping out @ryamoo