Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Scrap the 'OK' button when unlocking the phone with a passcode

(Topic created on: 07-11-2019 01:28 PM)
AEl
Apprentice
Options

One of the most frustrating things after switching to android for the first time with the S10 is having to press the 'Ok' button to confirm your passcode. 

It's an unnecessary extra step. 

I suggest that after you enter the correct passcode the phone unlocks instantly. 

14 REPLIES 14
Solution
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@AEl This is possible already.

Settings app -> Lock screen -> Screen lock type -> Enter your pin -> PIN -> re-type your PIN to use as the "new" pin, and tick the "Confirm PIN without tapping OK" checkbox. Continue and re-type your pin again. It'll auto confirm, and then your lock screen will automatically unlock once you enter the correct PIN. 

I think the option is only possible to change when you're setting up a new PIN, that's why you re-type your existing on as the "new" pin, so it can set it up. 

AEl
Apprentice
Options

Thank you,

Saved me infinite amount of pain.

Ill leave this open unless a mod wants to close it incase others can learn about this too.

Solution
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @AEl 

Let me move it to questions, so other members can see the solution, if they come across a similar query :winking-face:

Thanks for helping out @ryamoo :ok-hand:

Manuel Amon
First Poster
Options

I dont see the "Confirm PIN without tapping OK"

SapientProphet
First Poster
Options

Still awesome in 2021, thank you.

shyamvk
Apprentice
Options

Just got the S21 after migrating from an iphone and wanted a solution, looks like its only applicable for a pin and not the passcode, since the passcode is needed for office emails and unlike ios, i have to enter when done. Oh well, not the worst thing in the world, but would be nice to have

0 Likes
Montani
First Poster
Options

My pad will not allow me to recreate the unlock pattern I used. It says it is invalid, but will not allow me to connect to the last dot in the pattern I used now. My Samsung account says my pad is not connected to a network, but it is. Where can I get help to

unlock it?

0 Likes
CharliChan
First Poster
Options

I know it has been quite a while since this was posted but I've been frustrated by it myself recently. In short: On that particular screen, the keyboard actually prevented me from seeing the "Confirm PIN without tapping OK" so once you tap the keyboard down you will see the checkbox.  If you've figured it out since then; cheers! Perhaps this will help someone who's still searching.

Acer132
First Poster
Options

How do I do it in the motorola one 5G ace 

0 Likes