Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation gesture issues

(Topic created on: 07-11-2019 08:34 PM)
Eyob99
Explorer
Options

After the new update the swipe right on the bottom of the screen to change recent apps is not working anymore. Can anyone address this issue and fix it? I already posted an error report.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ARamsay
Navigator
Options

It  does still work. It's more of an arc gesture now than a horizontal swipe

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Eyob99,

Switch on 'Gesture Hints' in Settings>Display>Navigation Bar> turn on 'Gesture Hints' and it works again :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:Screenshot_20191107-190627_Settings.jpg

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Eyob99
Explorer
Options

@BenGinders isn't there any way I can use it without needing to turn on Gesture Hints? Just like how it was in the previous beta

0 Likes
Eyob99
Explorer
Options

@ARamsay  yeah but it's a little bit glitchy, the horizontal swipe is way better just like in the previous beta

0 Likes
Solution
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Unfortunately not (I think this was to fix the space bar swipe issue)

I have been playing with the method @ARamsay  suggests and if you swipe from the area's circled below it works perfectly... But if you go to far into the corner it opens Google assistant.Screenshot_20191107-200738_Phone.jpg

Ben Ginders
Eyob99
Explorer
Options

@BenGinders  it'll take a bit getting used to but thanks

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @Eyob99 

If gesture hints are enabled, there's a little more space at the bottom for that gesture to work.

That seems like the reason that it was changed.

As always, thanks for helping out @BenGinders :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

FlamingAngel82
Journeyman
Options

Literally just reenabled the gesture hints like suggested above and it now works again like it did.

Thanks everyone, was about to post a topic about it myself, I can't believe how used to it I've gotten now! 😅

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@FlamingAngel82  @TomaszT  glad I was able to help

Ben Ginders