Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to repair phone but cant tell whats wrong with it

(Topic created on: 23-10-2019 05:34 AM)
bladec96
First Poster
Options

so i have a samsung galaxy S6. And it ran out of battery so i put it on charge overnight. and when i woke up the device wont turn on, but i know its charged as i used a wireless charger and that lights up green meaning its fully charged. but when its on charge theres no notification light either. i want to get it repaired but i dont know if there is some underlying problem then just the screen doesnt work

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sometimes a phone can glitch if it's been allowed to have its battery depleted to the point of it turning Off.

That said it should just charge back up and then power On !

Have you tried charging it using the supplied Samsung Power Brick and cord ?

You could try hard reset ?

Something along the lines of.......

"Press and hold the volume down button and the power key simultaneously for 10 seconds or more.

This would be enough to make your phone boot up but if it’s still unresponsive after this, you should try the other method:

Press and hold volume down button and don’t let go of it yet.Now, press and hold the power key while holding down the volume down button.Keep both keys held down together for 10 seconds or more.

It’s the same as the first but this time we’re making sure the power key is pressed after the volume down button."

If that fails then visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre and tell them it won't power up @bladec96 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
bladec96
First Poster
Options

i tried all that and its still unresponsive. so guess ill have to take it to a repair centre. do you know if they charge me for just looking at it to see whats wrong?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@bladec96 wrote:

i tried all that and its still unresponsive. so guess ill have to take it to a repair centre. do you know if they charge me for just looking at it to see whats wrong?

If the phone is within it's warranty period, and it hasn't been dropped and or the water indicators have not been tripped then No I wouldn't think they'd levy a charge to inspect it and possibly hook it up to their diagnostic software.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes