Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn off Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 23-05-2020 08:31 PM)
boguc
Student
Options

Hi,

few days ago I changed password for my second account on SG9. After change, system want from me in 2nd step  code which was generated in procedure of creation account. Not code form SMS or email - I have access to phone and email. I dont remeber codes because I created account many years ago, when I use SG2. An now, after few years, I cant log in to my account because of codes. How can I turn off Two-Step Verification withot logging to account ? Is there special support addres where can I send ask for turn off 2 step verification ? Really only one way is factory reset phone and creating new account ? Especially when I have access to emial and phone (SMS). Why Two-Step Verification ask me for code form list and not from SMS or email ?

113 REPLIES 113
leexgx
Navigator
Options

Google Play Store >> Authy 

it stores the rolling codes for all sites that you set up for it

once you have enabled OTP/Auth option samsung will use that as the prefered option over SMS codes when you try and sign in (send SMS and use Backup code will also show as an option as well)

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@leexgx  aha ! I am in !
I tried again to enter a backup code in the 6-digit field. This time it reported "incorrect code" and opened a different screen with the "use backup code" at the bottom. This wasn't appearing when using the correct SMS code, it is just a Samsung glitch with the page looping ! 
Once I had this option trhe backup code worked. 

0 Likes
leexgx
Navigator
Options

@Baysider excellent, i would use the Auth option with Authy App over the SMS codes as you most likely find it's more reliable

good to know that entering the incorrect code then gives you the use backup code option (assuming the backup code page has been visited to turn them on and codes have been printed)

note once a backup code has been used its used up, you can remake the backup codes on the account page on the website via the 2fa account page > backup code ,  i would recommend doing it on your laptop/desktop so you can Print them as they are like a last resort to get back into the samsung account (write the email samsung on the paper and on it say do not thow away and keep in safe place) when you lose/change mobile number and lose the auth codes 

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

WORKING SOLUTION !
Hi all,
I have just managed a workaround on my Samsung phone. 
Go to your Samsung account on PC. Go to the Security pane, and click where it says "Two Step Verification - ON". A pop up will ask for your accoutn password. The new page has a pane labelled "Password and Security" and at the bottom it has "Two-step Verification" and a right arrow link.  Click the arrow and a "Two-step Verification" screen opens. Go to "Backup codes" and click the right arrow link. A page with 5 codes opens - record or print these. Now return to your phone and log in to your Samsung Account. The Two-step Verification screen opens and you receive a 6-digit code by SMS. DO NOT USE THIS CODE as it will just loop around. Instead enter any random 6 digits. Now a red "incorrect code" message appears and you get a different screen with a "use backup code" option at the bottom. Select this and then enter one of you 5 backup codes on the next screen. Presto, you are in !! 

leexgx
Navigator
Options

@Baysider wrote:

WORKING SOLUTION !
Hi all,
I have just managed a workaround on my Samsung phone. 
Go to your Samsung account on PC. Go to the Security pane, and click where it says "Two Step Verification - ON". A pop up will ask for your accoutn password. The new page has a pane labelled "Password and Security" and at the bottom it has "Two-step Verification" and a right arrow link.  Click the arrow and a "Two-step Verification" screen opens. Go to "Backup codes" and click the right arrow link. A page with 5 codes opens - record or print these. Now return to your phone and log in to your Samsung Account. The Two-step Verification screen opens and you receive a 6-digit code by SMS. DO NOT USE THIS CODE as it will just loop around. Instead enter any random 6 digits. Now a red "incorrect code" message appears and you get a different screen with a "use backup code" option at the bottom. Select this and then enter one of you 5 backup codes on the next screen. Presto, you are in !! 

ok seems to work well (they cant seem to get there SMS Code system working correctly)

i would the Auth option as well as that is norm more reliable then SMS (and use the backup code for when you dont have access to SMS or Authy code)

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@leexgx  I think the Auth option will also have issues until Samsung solve the looping issue.  I've realised that this is also why it appears to autofill the SMS code briefly and then lose it. It is actaully autofilling and immediately looping. Samsung needs to fix this glitch. 

0 Likes
leexgx
Navigator
Options

@Baysider 

the auth option should not have the problem as you have to enter the code manuly (it wont auto fill if you use Authy or any other auth app)

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@leexgx  well someone else can experiment with that 🙂 

0 Likes
leexgx
Navigator
Options

@Baysider 

working fine here

you should use it any way as you know that the SMS is not working for you (you should not just use the backup codes only)

its an app you have on your phone (Authy) that displays a new code every 30 seconds no codes are sent you,, at the bottom right in the Authy app here is a copy button so you can then tap and paste the code into the samsung 2FA box or type it in manuly up to you really

0 Likes
kalmian
Journeyman
Options

This took me a while to solve. I even called Samsung Support and while they were very friendly and supportive, they were not able to resolve my issue. I actually found it by accident by changing my search criteria.

Anyway, here is the fix:

Go to Settings

Select Lock Settings

Go into Select Lock Settings

Make sure to DE-SELECT

LOCK NETWORK AND SECURITY.

This function blocks the Samsung 2 Factor Authentication codes.

I know the time spent resolving this whole thing is ridiculous but that's what I did to solve my issue - thanks to another user who is absolutely brilliant!!!

0 Likes