Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

the verification code been sent is Not valid

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 02:58 PM)
leexgx
Navigator
Options

the verification code been sent is Not valid it even auto fills the code or typing it in still does not work

can you please fix your server to send valid codes out as i cant log into the samsung account if it wont let me get past the verification code 

also the auto call for verfication goes Way to fast i can only just keep get it in time to type the code in when it says it a second time around (you could at least pause for 3 seconds before blerting out a code at super fast speed) no way a normal person would be able to type the code in time as most pepole have to think what button to press

both SMS or voice call code does not work

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
leexgx
Navigator
Options

OK worked it out remove or add the country code to the number in the box where it asks you for mobile number (so instead of 0044 or +44 you just put your mobile number only in, as that's how I got mine to work) 

As I just found out 2fa is not actually enabled if it's only asking on the phone only (when it's enabled it will ask you on any device or browser you try and sign into)

Samsung still need to fix this bug as it shouldn't be sending invalid codes in the first place, as that probably means they are using the mobile number to actually generate the code witch is not very secure and could be used to generate codes on the fly without Samsung website (please pass this message up to higher ups please mods who deal with Samsung Device Account security) 

View solution in context

21 REPLIES 21
sk8olick
First Poster
Options

same issue here on a galaxy s7.  keep getting codes but looping to request code, without actually login in the account.

Avita
Student
Options

Same issue here. Using a Galaxy A50, not able to get past the verification code to sign into my samsung account, even after auto fill of the code that was sent via sms to my phone. Interestingly enough, this occured after i updated the software. This is truly annoying to encounter. Can't even get unto tech support. 

leexgx
Navigator
Options

Guess I have to check again see if it's still doing it (annoying thing is you can't disable 2fa without a valid code and samsung phone) they really need to fix this as this could disable the phone until valid code is provided

You only need 2fa enabled for cloud backup (find my Samsung device doesn't need it enabled even though you should use it) 

0 Likes
Solution
leexgx
Navigator
Options

OK worked it out remove or add the country code to the number in the box where it asks you for mobile number (so instead of 0044 or +44 you just put your mobile number only in, as that's how I got mine to work) 

As I just found out 2fa is not actually enabled if it's only asking on the phone only (when it's enabled it will ask you on any device or browser you try and sign into)

Samsung still need to fix this bug as it shouldn't be sending invalid codes in the first place, as that probably means they are using the mobile number to actually generate the code witch is not very secure and could be used to generate codes on the fly without Samsung website (please pass this message up to higher ups please mods who deal with Samsung Device Account security) 

Avita
Student
Options

Oh my god. Thank you so much. It worked. In my case i had to affix my country code (868) and my phone number, the verification code was successful and i FINALLY got through to access apps, galaxy store (update samsung apps...that i barely use).

Seriously though. This issue needs to be addressed by the app developers.

This was not a great experience for my anxiety.

Whew...

Thank you again leexgx

leexgx
Navigator
Options

@sk8olick wrote:

same issue here on a galaxy s7.  keep getting codes but looping to request code, without actually login in the account.

please read my soulution (remove the contery code only input the mobile number)

0 Likes
Buhwiddy
Apprentice
Options
Breds I hope this info is correct, because I just updated my A50, now have the same problem. First no doubles, now this. Lord put ah foot.
0 Likes
leexgx
Navigator
Options

@Buhwiddy wrote:
Breds I hope this info is correct, because I just updated my A50, now have the same problem. First no doubles, now this. Lord put ah foot.

it was drving me nuts as this is my dads phone it was doing it on (so it was bugging him so he was bugigng me)

0 Likes
Buhwiddy
Apprentice
Options

Ok so what your saying is put the full 8681234567 (digi/bmobile) and when the verification code pops up and I hit verify, it will work??

Cuz right now... lack of doubles and this... lord help meh

0 Likes