Support

Open search

smart switch for Windows 10 64Bit

First Poster

Smart Switch has been working with my S7 for ever - all I do is sync phone and Outlook, (sometimes I do a back up). Recently I took the offered updates, both for the phone and the PC app.  Since that installation Smart Switch simply has not worked. The phone says sync complete, PC says Syncing of Outlook has been cancelled because an error occurred. Has anyone else found this and is there a fix?

15 REPLIES 15
ChrisM Moderator

Hi @AlanP1.

Have you tried uninstalling the app from both your phone and your PC and then re-installing?

Apprentice

I have just done the update and I have a similar problem. SmartSwitch gives the same error message with my Note 8 when syncing Contacts and they are not updated.  I haven't tried reinstalling software because I suspect there is a problem with the update.

Apprentice

I have encountered the same error message "PC says Syncing of Outlook has been cancelled because an error occurred" when attempting to syn my Samsung Note 8 wiht Outlook 2010.  I have been doing the syn each week successfully & I think there was a Smart Switch software update last week when I did it on 28 Sep.  At least some of the data in Calender was updated, but I'm not sure if syn fully worked or not. As far as I know I have the lastest updates on the Note 8 installed.

Apprentice
NB Syn worked last week on 28 Sep but not today 5 Oct.
First Poster

I agree. It seems to be contacts that isn't synching. It must be in the update, reinstalling has no effect. I suppose we have to hope Samsung read these threads and will fix it, eventually.

Apprentice

Success! I simply uninstalled Smartwitch from both my phone and the laptop.  Then I reinstalled both apps but the prompt appeared "an update is available".  I ignored the update and so far so good, all has been working successfully for the past week.

Apprentice

We seem to be agreeing that the update to SMartswitch is causing the problem.  I am not much of a tech-head, but if I uninstall Smartswitch on PC & phone & reinstall the app (which I presume does not contain the update) & then ignore Update available message when do I determine that I should update with the next Update available message? Or is it better to wait for Samsung to provide another update with a fix (ie one later than the trouble causing update, although presumably not all items will be synched so I'd be taking some risk until the new update is available)?

Cheers

Apprentice

I get the request to update each time that I use Smartswitch.  I intend to wait a while, maybe a couple of months before doing my next update and hopefully after the problem has been fixed.  Updates are often not essential and given that my "old" version works I am sticking with it for the time being

Apprentice
Thanks Henry
Top Liked Authors