Support

Open search

re-installing apps

First Poster

Have had to use manufactures setting after problems.   Apps; loaded from Google store will not reload - Google shows that they are still installed on the phone;  Anyone any ideas ?

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi what phone/operating system are you running? and by resetting what did you do?

First Poster
Hi Bades,
Operating system is Android, resetting after failure and the service people re-set using "Factory settings" - all OK except for several apps bought from Google store. Whenever I try to re-install them via Google store, it shows that they are still installed in the phone and cannot reinstall them; Regards TonyP
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok could be a few things are you using a SD card? if so try removing the SD card and TURN OFF AND BACK ON the phone DO NOT DO A RESTART on the phone to start with as it could be itthat the Apps was installed to the SD card (I had it happen before) if no to the SD card what I would say to do is run the Samsung Device maintance app and set it to do a full clean. And then do the shut down, and try again that should do it. Let me know how it goes

First Poster
Hi Bades - thanks for info. Tried without success - have also found out that am unable to download any random, new apps from Google store. Think that maybe the problem is with the connection with Google S. ( OK with Galaxy store) Am trying to get a response from Google Help line - if they exist as so far no contact !! Regards T
Superuser I
Superuser I

hmm okay only other thing I can think of is to sign out of the talked about accounts on the the via settings and then of/on and sign back in maybe as a finnal step create a new temp account and try that (would tell you if if was a account issue)

Top Liked Authors