Support

Open search

new version of samsung gallery, can't share a motion photo

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hello, everybody!
Lately samsung gallery has been updated to  version 5.3.17.311, an now apparently now i can't share a motion photo anymore.
Before when i wanted to share a pic, the app asked me if i wanted to share a motio photo or still picure, now no question askd, shares only as still pic.

Is there a way to fix this, or revert bak to a previuos version of gallery (old one used to have a little yellow play sign on right-upper corner to start playing motion photo, now there's a "play motion photo" or something on the bottom of the pic.

Anyone experencing same issue?

bye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

None, of the suggestions worked, so I needed to download a third party app (motionshare or smth).

I noticed that samsung fixed the issue with new update of gallery app (v. 5.4.02.12).

Thx.

7 REPLIES 7
Superuser I
Superuser I

@affiore

Here's how another member fixed it see here Motion Photo solution.

Apprentice

wrote:

@affiore

Here's how another member fixed it see here Motion Photo solution.

Doesn't work for me. :(

Already tried, but thanks for suggesting.

If I open the three dots menu, there isn't any "save video".

I have rotate right, rotate left, set as profile pic, set as background, set as always on display, show tag and date, print, and move to private area (I'm translating my language is Italian).

Superuser I
Superuser I

@affiore

Here's another member workaround give this a try Motion Photo solution.

AntS Moderator

Hi @affiore. :robothappy: Anything in that US Community thread that John4Oh linked to help you out on this one?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

None, of the suggestions worked, so I needed to download a third party app (motionshare or smth).

I noticed that samsung fixed the issue with new update of gallery app (v. 5.4.02.12).

Thx.

AntS Moderator

No worries. Thanks for getting back to me - and glad that you managed to eventually find a workaround, affiore. :robothappy:

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Observer
None of the other suggestions work for me either so I played around and found my own solution.

1. Open the photo and click "View motion photo"
2. As soon as it starts to play, tap anywhere on the screen
3. You'll now see an option to Capture or Save Video at the top, and at the bottom of the screen are buttons for Play, Share, or Delete.

Hopefully, this helps! Good luck!

Galaxy S9
Top Liked Authors