Support

Open search

keyboard backlight on Galaxy book SM-W627

First Poster

How do i turn on the keyboard baclight? It says it has it on the samsung website but there is nothing to actually turn them on.

12 REPLIES 12
First Poster

Function F9

First Poster

Hi,

function F9 gets me to search. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Misha

First Poster

On mine, the symbol is a flat line with 5 dots above it. Perhaps it is in a different place on yours im not sure.

Did you find out how to turn on the keyboard backlight i am struggling to turn this on myself

Cheers 

First Poster

No. I am guessing that some models don't have it. Really annoyed by the false or misleading advertising. No response from Samsung. 

First Poster

Yes that was my conclusion too. The 10 inch module doesn't have a back light. 

First Poster
I too was mislead by the manual stating that it had a backlight. One of the reasons I bought it. In the dark it's impossible to see the keys. I too found after numerous attempts to get an answer out of Samsung that noone could tell me why the manual had the KB backlight as a feature .
First Poster

I didn't think mine had a backlight on the keyboard either but it does. Press the FN key and F9 and it should turn on. There are 3 separate setting for dim, medium, and bright. And the 4th press turns backlight off. 

Fn and F9 on the 10 inch Book turns on the Search function as stated by a previous community member.  I am very disappointed that I cannot get it to turn on!

Top Liked Authors