Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent text notifications on Samsung Galaxy S7

(Topic created on: 28-10-2019 09:01 PM)
Gillie66
First Poster
Options

It may be a coincidence but after 02 were doing dome work on their masts somewhere in the Cheltenham/Gloucester area (might even be Bristol or Worcester) my partner's phone suddenly started to only get intermittent text notifications and he can't seem to solve the issue which he's finding rather annoying.  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8 and we're both on Tesco Sim only contracts which use 02 and my text notifications are fine. Any ideas anyone?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As a process of elimination can you try his sim card in your phone to help rule out the phone or his sim card that might be at issue.

If it's the sim card then an o2 Highstreet Store can supply a blank sim card for you to perform a sim swap. Take some ID.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Gillie66
First Poster
Options

Hi, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I was doing a bit of housekeeping on my emails and came across your reply. We did try what you suggested but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. After trying everything he could think of after that my partner decided to transfer everything to an old phone he had, did a factory reset on his current phone then transferred everything back to it and hey presto it is now working fine again! Thanks for taking the time to reply to  me though, take care.

0 Likes