Support

Open search

how to delete an unsaved number from your call log

SOLVED
First Poster

how do i delete an unsaved number from my call log so with I put the digits in it does not show up again. please help asap using a Samsung galaxy s8 plus

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Hey, if you haven't found a solution yet, this is what i did. I had the same problem which brought me here. I had tried all these methods recommended in the chat but it didn't work. The way i solved it was I opened phone, went to recent calls then clicked the three dots that are on the right hand top corner, then clicked to the option which says (show messages), then I pressed n hold one of the numbers shown, then i clicked on the option to left hand top corner to (select all), which followed by deleting all the selected numbers. And remember this won't delete ur messages, this will only delete the unsaved numbers. I have a S8+. Hope this helps. This method was for an older android version. 

**For newer android version**

After clicking the three black dots on the top right hand corner, and after chosing the option which says (show messages), then you have to select each unknown number which shows a message icon under it and not a call icon. They have changed this feature from showing only numbers you have send or received messages, to showing numbers that you have send or received messages, as well as the numbers you have called. Hope this helps.

First Poster
I had the same problem as you..I also had to go under call log backup/restore, contacts, contact storage and all the phone icons and deleted the data/cache for all of them and this fixed by problem
20 REPLIES 20
Superuser I
Superuser I

@nakita

First of all delete the number from your call log by pressing and holding the number and you'll get the option to delete it.

Then go into your Settings > Apps and then click the 3 little dots in the top right hand corner and select 'Show system apps' and scroll down to 'phone' (you know the little green phone app icon) and go into it and scroll down and select 'storage' and in there clear the data and cashe and that'll clear the number from the phone's memory. If there's more than 1 call icon, like mine, go into them all and do the above.

@John4Ohwrote:

@nakita

First of all delete the number from your call log by pressing and holding the number and you'll get the option to delete it.

Then go into your Settings > Apps and then click the 3 little dots in the top right hand corner and select 'Show system apps' and scroll down to 'phone' (you know the little green phone app icon) and go into it and scroll down and select 'storage' and in there clear the data and cashe and that'll clear the number from the phone's memory. If there's more than 1 call icon, like mine, go into them all and do the above.

Hi, I tried this method will all three 'phone' icons that appear in my phone (galaxy s8/ android 8.0) and the deleted number is still showing up. Is there anything further I need to do to permanently remove this number? 

Apprentice

Hey, if you haven't found a solution yet, this is what i did. I had the same problem which brought me here. I had tried all these methods recommended in the chat but it didn't work. The way i solved it was I opened phone, went to recent calls then clicked the three dots that are on the right hand top corner, then clicked to the option which says (show messages), then I pressed n hold one of the numbers shown, then i clicked on the option to left hand top corner to (select all), which followed by deleting all the selected numbers. And remember this won't delete ur messages, this will only delete the unsaved numbers. I have a S8+. Hope this helps. This method was for an older android version. 

**For newer android version**

After clicking the three black dots on the top right hand corner, and after chosing the option which says (show messages), then you have to select each unknown number which shows a message icon under it and not a call icon. They have changed this feature from showing only numbers you have send or received messages, to showing numbers that you have send or received messages, as well as the numbers you have called. Hope this helps.

First Poster
I had the same problem as you..I also had to go under call log backup/restore, contacts, contact storage and all the phone icons and deleted the data/cache for all of them and this fixed by problem
Highlighted
Worked for me, SFM. 😁
So much easier than having to unhide system apps and deleting the cache that way.
First Poster

Best way to worked fine even on Samsung s10

First Poster

Zain which method you use to solve this problem.I have galaxy s9 and version is one ui.i tried all these methods but could nit solve thia issue

First Poster

Apprentice

This process will require to manually enter each and every number and then delete it, still it won't delete the number from the system completely. You will have to click the three black dots and press show messages and then delete it to fully delete the number from the system. 🀣

Top Liked Authors