Support

Open search

finger print reader not working

SOLVED
First Poster

Hello,

I made factory reset on my Galaxy S6 and after that the finger print reader does not work. Error says: "The home button is dirty or wet. Please clean it up and try again." (it's translate from my language so it is not exact). When I make a *#0*# test i see fingerprint version but after test I can se red word "FAIL" in all rows of test. The reader worked normaly unil the factory reset. Where could be a problem?

Thank you for any assistance.

Best regards

Petr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @fYcak

If this hasn't cleared up yet either by a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On or via deleting the fingerprints and re adding them if suggest to visit a Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location for a diagnostic. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @fYcak

If this hasn't cleared up yet either by a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On or via deleting the fingerprints and re adding them if suggest to visit a Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location for a diagnostic. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Voyager

Hey @fYcak! Is this issue still ongoing? Did you manage to locate one of our Support Centres to have an engineer inspect your phone? If not, you can find one here: https://t.co/dMMq3jNuEX is there one nearby? If you would prefer a collection, please contact us for further support on: 0330 726 7864 Monday to Saturday | 9am to 6pm. Let us know how you get on!:robothappy:

First Poster

I have exactly the same problem

The last update in 28/1/2019 

Samsung galaxy note 9 fingerprints not working

Please samsung fix it...!!

Top Liked Authors