Support

Open search

default new contacts location

Apprentice

Maybe I am not understand this right, becuase I am following the instructions and not getting the result I am seeking. I trying adding a contact and canceling it, then when I went back it still showed the google account (A) as the default storage location. I even went to the app details and unchecked the storage permission, nothing.  

Apprentice

I figured it out I needed to clear the app data. 

First Poster
So u got it ?
Apprentice

Yes, thank you. I cleared the app data and it restored to asking which account to save my contact to. 

First Poster
No problem! And ahh I see well that's good have a nice day !
Observer

I have found what could be a bug.

If you go to save a contact number from a text message, it does not give you the option of where to save it.  Nor does it save to the 'default' locatin (in my case Google).  It ALWAYS saves to the Samsung account.  Even though I have removed the Samsung account from my phone.

Yes, rebooted etc.

Any ideas?

Every time I add a contact, my S8+ asks me for a location and never uses the default location that I specify every time.

Highlighted
Apprentice

@themanwithahat wrote:

Yes, thank you. I cleared the app data and it restored to asking which account to save my contact to. 

how did you do this? which app did you clear the data on??

I am trying to go back to where my phone asks me where to save a new contact to (instead of defaulting one particular google account) and I can't!! HELP!!

Apprentice

I cleared the data for the contacts app. 

Apprentice

@themanwithahat wrote:

I cleared the data for the contacts app. 

Thanks so much for the response @themanwithahat.  Got it-- the CONTACTs app... where did you clear the data? 

I assume you did this by going to Settings --> Apps --> Contacts?  Here are my screens (I have a Samsung G10+).

Screenshot_20200110-104225_Settings.jpg    Screenshot_20200110-104219_Settings.jpg    Screenshot_20200110-104230_Contacts.jpg

Or anyone else have any advice on how to change my settings so that I can choose which gmail account to save new contacts to?

Top Liked Authors