Support

Open search

cracked screen in s8

SOLVED
First Poster

i have a cracked screen in my new s8. can you advise on the most cost effective method to get the screen replaced?

Many thanks.

Chris

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I
Hi,

If you have insurance through samsung or your mobile operator or through home insurance or even some bank accounts offer insurance as a perk of the account then check their T&C and excess fees and go through them.

If not then my suggestion is to locate your most local Samsung Service Location and they'll assess the phone to ensure no issues exist also within the phone that may have been caused by what I assume was a drop of the phone.

They'll then give you a costing for you to authorise or not.

If you feel the cost is too much and it's not a really bad crack then perhaps consider applying a screen protector. A glass or plastic film version. This could then possibly stop the crack from growing and partially hide the crack.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Voyager

Hi @doobedoo! I am unable to provide a quote on any repair costs here, however our engineers will speak with you about it after they have inspected the phone and before any repair work is carried out. This can either be done via a courier collection, or a Support Centre. For your nearest Support Centre, head to: https://t.co/dMMq3jNuEX is there one nearby? If you would prefer a collection we can arrange that on here. Please contact us for further support on: 0330 726 7864 Monday to Saturday | 9am to 6pm. Let us know how you get on! 

8 REPLIES 8
Superuser I
Superuser I
Hi,

If you have insurance through samsung or your mobile operator or through home insurance or even some bank accounts offer insurance as a perk of the account then check their T&C and excess fees and go through them.

If not then my suggestion is to locate your most local Samsung Service Location and they'll assess the phone to ensure no issues exist also within the phone that may have been caused by what I assume was a drop of the phone.

They'll then give you a costing for you to authorise or not.

If you feel the cost is too much and it's not a really bad crack then perhaps consider applying a screen protector. A glass or plastic film version. This could then possibly stop the crack from growing and partially hide the crack.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Voyager

Hi @doobedoo! I am unable to provide a quote on any repair costs here, however our engineers will speak with you about it after they have inspected the phone and before any repair work is carried out. This can either be done via a courier collection, or a Support Centre. For your nearest Support Centre, head to: https://t.co/dMMq3jNuEX is there one nearby? If you would prefer a collection we can arrange that on here. Please contact us for further support on: 0330 726 7864 Monday to Saturday | 9am to 6pm. Let us know how you get on! 

Hi, did you ever talk to Samsung about this? I'd love to know what the cost was to get it fixed by Samsung. Unfortunately there are no service centers near me, so the only way for me to find out is to send it in.

First Poster

Ha ha..ny cracked screen turned out to be a cracked screen protector!!!!

So all's well that ends well (For me)

First Poster

So I have an issue with my S8 plus not fast charging since I got it - was covered under warranty but before samsung collected it (2months !!) the screen got cracked when my son pulled on the cable (it had been plugged in charging for 6 hours and still not 100%) I'm gutted - to fix the warranty issue now they have finally collected it, I first need to replace the screen - the cost quoted is an unbelievable £206.92.  

I'm fuming 

Observer

Screen replacement on a J32016 quoted as £99. Shocker. What on earth is the rest of the phone worth NOT A LOT

First Poster

I have just had a quote to have both the back and front replaced and its £260.

I hav'nt even dropped it.Its quite simply not fit for purpose as many others are finding out.Talk to anyone at samsung and they will say 'its the first I've heard about it '!!!!!

If you are in the UK, the easiest way is to use Samsungs doorstep repair service. They come to your location to fix your phone - https://samsungrepair.com

I used it the other week, literally booked it in that morning and they turned up at my house 3 hours later! Its a no brainer.

Top Liked Authors