Support

Open search

country versions of Galaxy S/A phones?

SOLVED
Explorer

Hello,

I'm in the maket for a new phone and have a question. I'm traveling a lot and am abroad at the moment (for longer time). But I will need a new phone am wondering if I should buy a phone here or wait till I'm back in my home country.

I'm currently in Spain and on Amazon Spain, there are Galaxy S for which it says "German version, no Samsung pay" or "French version, no Samsung pay".

How does this work?

I mean, is the Galaxy S physically different in different countries or is it related to firmware? How do I know if a phone I buy here will support Samsung pay in another country?

Thanks,

Jörg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Different countries generally have different firmware versions and csc codes. 

Region locks too. 

Also an imported phone may not.fully support all the features of your network. 

My advice is to buy from your own country. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Different countries generally have different firmware versions and csc codes. 

Region locks too. 

Also an imported phone may not.fully support all the features of your network. 

My advice is to buy from your own country. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

Thanks for the fast reply.

It of course complicates things a bit as I'm not going to my home country (well, the country where I normally live most of the time :-)) in the next few months. Luckily getting the new phone is not that urgent (issue with the current one is that it is always running out of storage space and I cannot remove any more apps or other stuff.... I already have removed the updates for the internal apps I don't use and disabled those apps to save on memory - the software needed for a Gear S3 takes up a lot of internal storage...).
Probably regarding the region locks it also would be beneficial for both my Gear S3 and my next phone to come from the same home country (so again an argument not to buy one here in Spain).

So I really have to be sure not to break my phone here... and wait till I'm in my home country. :-/

Top Liked Authors