Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi drop off suicide switch

(Topic created on: 18-06-2019 11:48 AM)
2bfree
Journeyman
Options

Do you think Samsung has embedded a Wi-Fi drop-off suicides switch on your phone so that after a given time you will experience Wi-Fi problems and may think of buying a new phone Think I'm Paranoid check out all the problems from years past that never get solved / resolved and in the end you are even unable to report the problems to Samsung.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AntS
Options

Zoiks! Looks like you're on to us, @2bfree!. :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

:face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Wi-Fi troubles can happen even with the latest stuff. Assuming that standard troubleshooting (e.g. software updates, cache clearing, a reboot, checking your router etc.) haven't worked - and even if you've got zero connectivity to send an error report with log files via the Members app - you can always pop in to your nearest Samsung Support Centre to report the issue/have it checked out.

0 Likes
2bfree
Journeyman
Options

Am I on to you,  just like the question mark by my wi-fi signal I do not now. Your standard reply was most ingratiating you did not answer my question yes or no. 

The silence from Samsung is deafening unlike the roars of frustration from your old customers

0 Likes
AntS
Options

The answer is no, we don't embed Wi-Fi drop-off suicide switches on our products to make you buy new ones.

And I've moved the topic to the Smartphones board for you. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
2bfree
Journeyman
Options
So what do you call it
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Standard Wi-Fi issues? Connectivity issues can happen with devices both old and new – and due to a variety of factors that may be happening at either or both ends of that connection.

My sister has a four year old S6 edge and that’s always been fine on Wi-Fi BTW. (Forums like this place tend not to have posts from all those folks for whom things are working fine, so it’s easy to think that something’s more widespread than it really is.)

If you're talking more generally than Samsung phones: there’s progression and obsolescence inherent in all technology in general, and a quicker pace of that more recently – but that’s more of an inevitable reality of advances in human knowledge and ability, and current society and culture than a deliberate, nefarious corporate plan of Samsung’s… if you want to go a bit deeper and wider.

0 Likes
2bfree
Journeyman
Options

I was posting about the problems with Samsung's Wi-Fi dropping off on Virgin network when two large companies but their heads together and blame each other for a problem and nothing is resolved. You have brought about companies in the nefarious  practices

0 Likes
2bfree
Journeyman
Options
So why does Samsung put lower temperature rated capacitors next to heat sinks on their power boards on there smart TVs higher rate temperature capacitors cost pennies more and obviously would last longer in the position they are put are you saying that's just bad design because I'm saying it by Design
0 Likes