Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my J6+ so slow?

(Topic created on: 26-07-2019 10:08 PM)
NathanialEssex
Explorer
Options

So, I got a Samsung J6 as a work phone. The fact that it was a "budget phone" and worked so well impressed me. So, I gave it to my wife and purcased a J6+ (dual sim) for myself. Not too sure if it was like this on start-up but boy is it slow. Most noticeably with Google Maps. Just to load it will take 10+ seconds when my wife's phone will load almost straight away.

It also has issues when switching to landscape mode and going into certain apps. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @NathanialEssex 

Is the software on your phone up to date? Go to Apps > Settings > About device > Software update. Also, let's try a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts.

Let us know if this makes any difference.

0 Likes
NathanialEssex
Explorer
Options
Thanks, but still going slow in certain instances. It's looking more like the J6+ is simply slower than the J6
0 Likes
Shafiqahamed
First Poster
Options

My phone is j6+ same problem, too slow when i am using application, seach contact and Message even up to dated software.

0 Likes
NathanialEssex
Explorer
Options

I done a complete reset of my phone and the problem is still there. It's very noticiable when using my wife's J6 (not the plus) which just runs so smoothly. 

0 Likes
Tall
First Poster
Options

I totally get your point sire! The galaxy j6+ is so much of a slow device cos i own one myself and my dad owns the J6 which runs smoothly,my j6+ is nothing compared to the j6 performance,even when performing the smallest task you could with a smartphone it still runs so slow....Samsung should please do something about it for us who own it it's totally unfair and absurd i believe...I'm so sad especially considering the fact that i can't afford a newer phone😅...it's sad using something this big and extremely slow 

NathanialEssex
Explorer
Options
Can you do screen mirroring? This is another feature I don't seem to have with this phone. So disappointed.
0 Likes
jiipee
First Poster
Options

i have same phone and same problem. really slow phone. worst samsung i ever had.  i think my next phone is not samsung

Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Unfortunately the reason is that Samsung totally cheaped out on the j6+ for profit. The j6 has a Oled (better than LCD) HD+ screen and an exynos 7870 (2017 midrange CPU). However, the J6 + doesn't even have an oled screen and has a snapdragon 425 (A VERY low end CPU from 2016 which is about half as powerful as the j6). No one knows why they did it, and unfortunately many people Unrightfully get the thought that due to the name it is better - it only has 1 more camera lens

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To add the internal Ram is pretty low.

i.e 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM. 

As said the Chipset isn't the most recent.

Can you guys put the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones Live and then see how it performs.

If it quickens up then one or more of the downloaded apps are the culprit.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes