Support

Open search

When will I get Nougat?

Highlighted

Hi @iptvplayer.

Link you've given there is for Italian TV channels/apps. :confused:

Unless that's your signature, of course.

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
First Poster

I have an international variant of the s7 edge, running the beta version of Android Nougat 7.0. My carrier is 02 in the UK. When will I get the full update? 

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi.

First thing is your carrier doesn't matter. The reason for that is the beta version is BTU CSC code. So it's not related to any carrier.  So if you're on 7.0 beta you should already receive an OTA (OVER THE AIR) update. 

The only three reasons  I might think of why you havent got an update yet are:

1) automatic updates switched off in your phone settings 

2) Never checked for update manually

3) Rooted phone.

If you post more details about your phone CSC and device firmware version I might be able to tell you for what reason you havent received update yet.

Leon24xxx
Highlighted
First Poster

Screenshot_20170308-102017.png

Screenshot_20170308-104133.png

Hi,

Hope these screenshots help. I haven't rooted my phone. The only reason I know it's still in beta, is because every time my phone reboots, it says that the software is in beta! Screenshot_20170308-102319.png

Apprentice
The beta version wasn't just available for BTU. Other variants got it as well.
The good news is Samsung finally seem to be rolling it out for international variants. Just keep manually checking periodically
Highlighted
First Poster
Thank you! I check every day. I just find it strange that they're thinking of updating the s6 and s6 edge, when they haven't finished updating the s7 edge! 🤔
Highlighted
Apprentice
Who knows what's in their minds. I think they have handled the whole thing terribly.
I appreciate the whole phased roll out thing. But I don't get the silence from Samsung. That's no way to build or even keep a loyal fan base. I've had Samsung phones for what seems like for ever but this has made me want to see what the pixel 2 brings to the table.
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Well. In UK the way you got beta was simple. You had a BTU version then you register and then the OTA update with beta was downloaded.  

And that was the official way.  By the way BETA version of 7.0 ( In UK) was ONLY available as  BTU.  

Leon24xxx
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I
Personally I don't recall any info about using beta software when phone rebooted.
And I was with beta since it started.
How did you got the beta in first place? Via Odin?
Leon24xxx
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Check Settings > about device > status

Please post the bottom info. Does it say

DEVICE STATUS : Official

or DEVICE STATUS: Beta 

Leon24xxx
Top Liked Authors