Support

Open search

Whatsapp, Viber and Facebook missing from OREO App Permission monitor. Very suspicious. Galaxy S7 Oreo.

First Poster

Hi guys, 

In the App Permission Monitor on OREO, Whatsapp, Viber and Facebook messenger are missing from the list. That means I can't monitor their permissions. 

*tinfoil hat time* This means that Whatsapp etc. have hacked their way out of the permission monitor, or they have paid Samsung a nice bit of money so they could stay out of the permission monitor. Because I know they are up to some shady stuff when you're not looking. 

In fact there are a few other apps not showing up on the list, but I am most worried about the above three. 

Any idea why these three apps can't be detected by the permission monitor?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
First Poster

It is happening to me as well. And Samsung support is suspiciously absent from all these threads. 

People need to raise a fuss about this. 

First Poster

Agreed.

Anyway I've sent this information to a few well known Android news sites. Hopefully they'll investigate and write up an article about it.

Seems like it could be a juicy scandal.

First Poster
Yes. I'll do the same. The more people who report on it the likelier the media will investigate.
First Poster

The Android sites usually have an email address where you can "tip" them about a story. 

Usually down the bottom on the "Contact us" page. 

Top Liked Authors