Support

Open search

VIrus on Samsung Galaxy android phone

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

I am getting a message that I have a virus on my phone.How do I deal with this.I have been directed to go in to a link to remove the viruses but it would cost me money.any help greatly appreciated.is there any setting or app that I can run a virus check and secondly how can I stop this message from coming up on my phone many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @1wexford

Dont pay or enter that link again as its most likely a scam to steal your money and card details. 

Whats possibly happened is something has come with a downloaded app. 

Put the phone in Safe Mode which will turn off all the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can then help you determine if its a rogue app.

If it stops then start adding your apps one by one and if it returns youll know which app it us then. 

To add most phone's have a built in security software or free ones are available in the Play Store. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

1 REPLY 1
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @1wexford

Dont pay or enter that link again as its most likely a scam to steal your money and card details. 

Whats possibly happened is something has come with a downloaded app. 

Put the phone in Safe Mode which will turn off all the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can then help you determine if its a rogue app.

If it stops then start adding your apps one by one and if it returns youll know which app it us then. 

To add most phone's have a built in security software or free ones are available in the Play Store. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors