Support

Open search

Update SM-G950U in UK

Navigator

Hello, 

Appologies if this is the wrong thread, I could not find a S8 one.

Is it possible to update a US variaent Samsung S8 in the UK?  The phone which is a SM-G950U is still running Android Pie and will not even allow me to install Samsung Members on the device.  I am currently in the UK and doing reasearch on the phone I found that it is originally from the US.

Assistance would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser I
Superuser I

I think your version of phone only has the Samsung + App and not the Samsung Members app which is on UK versions @Moyah8 

Android Pie  / Samsung One Ui is the latest update available.

There are options such as installing a custom rom which advice is available on sites such as xdadevelopers but do also learn about the pros and cons of doing this please.

A person doing this does so at their own sole responsibility knowing that a phone can be put Into an unusable state and possible manufacturing warranty being voided.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Good afternoon. I bought a Samsung S8 EU version, but I live in Spain. My model is SM-G950U and it is impossible for me to update to android foot. The serial number R28J406XA7L. My base band is: G950USQ4CRE9. I go to software updates and nothing is available, neither manually nor automatically. Why? What I can do?

First Poster

I also have a G950U bought for use in the UK. Is there any way of receiving the software and security updates without a custom ROM and rooting? My phone is still using the security software etc from July 2018 and running on Android 8.

Top Liked Authors