Support

Open search

Too Many Ringtones

First Poster

I recently changed service providers and purchased a Samsung Galaxy J3 {2018}. I wanted to change the ringtone for incoming calls from the factory default and downloaded Zedge to the phone. I chose a Star Wars theme and when the phone rings I get the normal ringtone and the new ringtone together. What have I done wrong.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM Moderator

Hi @SMN1 

Can you go to the your phones menu and select Settings > Sounds and vibration > Ringtone. Is the default ringtone showing as active there?

First Poster

the ringtone showing is the Star Wars Theme that I installed from Zedge

ChrisM Moderator

Let's try a soft reset on the phone, @SMN1. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts.

Let us know if this makes any difference.

First Poster

Thanks for your help. When I went into settings and tapped ringtones it asked me how i wanted to complete the action.It gave me a choice of Zedge or Media Storage. I tapped on  media storage and the ringtone I chose from Zedge imported into media storage and became the default ringtone. The first time I went into ringtones it didn't ask me how I wanted  to complete the action. The reboot probably helped with this. this is my first smartphone and I'm learning slowly with all the help I can get. Thanks again

CarlH Moderator

You're welcome, @SMN1. Get back to us if you need any further advise or tips regarding your phone. 

Top Liked Authors