Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Many Ringtones

(Topic created on: 26-06-2019 03:23 PM)
SMN1
First Poster
Options

I recently changed service providers and purchased a Samsung Galaxy J3 {2018}. I wanted to change the ringtone for incoming calls from the factory default and downloaded Zedge to the phone. I chose a Star Wars theme and when the phone rings I get the normal ringtone and the new ringtone together. What have I done wrong.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @SMN1 

Can you go to the your phones menu and select Settings > Sounds and vibration > Ringtone. Is the default ringtone showing as active there?

0 Likes
SMN1
First Poster
Options

the ringtone showing is the Star Wars Theme that I installed from Zedge

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Let's try a soft reset on the phone, @SMN1. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts.

Let us know if this makes any difference.

0 Likes
SMN1
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your help. When I went into settings and tapped ringtones it asked me how i wanted to complete the action.It gave me a choice of Zedge or Media Storage. I tapped on  media storage and the ringtone I chose from Zedge imported into media storage and became the default ringtone. The first time I went into ringtones it didn't ask me how I wanted  to complete the action. The reboot probably helped with this. this is my first smartphone and I'm learning slowly with all the help I can get. Thanks again

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

You're welcome, @SMN1. Get back to us if you need any further advise or tips regarding your phone. 

0 Likes
yewtree
First Poster
Options
why can't I play star wars theme as a ringtone. I downloaded it from I tunes but was told it will not play on this phone as it was made for younger phones. Why??
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @yewtree.

Hope you're okay. It may be ideal for you to get in touch with Apple to confirm why the ringtone and their other content isn't supported on other devices. 

0 Likes
yewtree
First Poster
Options
no it's not there. shall I try Google play?
0 Likes