Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new update for Galaxy S8 is BAD

(Topic created on: 07-04-2019 03:55 PM)
Marjaana
Student
Options

The new update is so bad!

I´ve been using my Galaxy S8 for almost a year now and been very happy with it.

But yesterday I updated my phone. Should not have done that!!!

1. The icons look like they´re pulled out from a cheap childs phone. 

2. I have NO IDEA why they changed how the windows are alligned, it was way more clearer and easier to operate before, swiping to the sides and seeing all windows at once.. Why did they change it?

3. The screen doesn´t react as fast as it did before, have to really push to get something done. Why?

4. Why have they changed the alarm clock so that the options are at the bottom? 

5. Why have you changed the camera options? I can´t find the pro-option anymore (before they we´re all where you can see them and choose fast) This is a really bad thing for someone who uses their camera all the time....

This new update is a total downgrade. I really hope they do something about it and fast!

23 REPLIES 23
harrymflemming
First Poster
Options

I have been using Galaxy S8 for 10 months. I haVn't upadte it. This is really shocking. If it is difficult to use after updation then I don't want to update it. I like the phone. It is user friendly. Now I am fine with it. The features are really good. If there is problem after updating it then it should be solved. Thanks for the post.

Dadozx
Student
Options

I agree with everything 

Also 

My batery now is lasting 3x less 

30% i lost by one night,  and wifi and mob network off

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Marjaana 

1.  I agree some don't like the new stock icons but there are alternatives via using an icon pack from the Samsung Theme Store.

2. I appreciate your views on this. Maybe an alternative launcher such as Nova Prime etc may help or even the Goodlock App from the Samsung Galaxy Apps section may help. 

Send your feedback via the Samsung Members App  / Samsung + App is my advice.

3. The screen shouldn't have been affected. Do you have a tpu or glass screen protector on the phone. In my Note 9 I have a setting to increase screen sensitivity. Check yours.

4. The new Samsung One Ui is all about using the phone one handed which is why the controls have possibly been placed at the bottom.

5. You'll find quite a few people are unhappy with the removal of the pro options in some of the cameras features. Again Send your feedback via the Samsung Members App  / Samsung + App is my advice.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Dadozx 

That's not good !

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens with your battery.

If this was my phone first I'd try clearing the phones system cache files by turning the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and delete the cache files.

If no joy then I'd create a back up and remove the Sd card and factory reset.

Dadozx
Student
Options

I also found that samsung changed the way of location services 

I used sometimes gps phone only when traveling,  but now that is not working also, no option also to set it,hmmm

MrHomer
Student
Options

BAD is an understatement!!!!!! I hate the new update! Everything works slow and crashes all the time. Like contacts, dialing is crazy slow and crashes as well. I hate the new gallery look! Before was so easy small icons for albums and so on! Seriously who made this update must be an *****! I cannot say anything else but well done you stupid developers! You made Thousands customers VERY pissed off! I paid so much for this phone and was very happy and now I am really angry! I used to love my phone now I hate it! Thanks for *****ing it up cause there's no other words to Express how I feel! Looks like a cheap Telstra phone!!!!!!!

MrHomer
Student
Options

Is there a way to go back? If not than Samsung should make it available to have the choice to go back to my original look or have a choice not to update to this new crappy look! I don't recognize my phone anymore! I hate it! As I said before everything about the new update is horrible! Please make the choice to go back to my old phone! This new update is so bad I cried over it! You will lose a lot of customers over this as I and I'm sure Thousands of people will NOT RECOMMEND Samsung phone to anyone cause what is the point paying so much money to get a phone that looks like a 50 bucks telstra phone? You really staffed this up big time. Even typing this takes for ever. Everything works so slow and looks like cheap phone. What's wrong with you developers are you hiring kids? Or what? Can you please reverse this? I want my old look why can't you reverse this? Don't you see people are not happy. WTF??????? This is BS!!

paul1178
First Poster
Options

I agree the update is awful. Is there any way to go back?

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@paul1178 wrote:

I agree the update is awful. Is there any way to go back?

@paul1178 

Samsungs official stance is that you cannot rollback the firmware once installed. 

However...

I can't advise here how to roll back firmware.

Please use Google Search and or look on the xdadevelopers site to learn how.

A person doing this does so at their own sole responsibility knowing that a phone can be put Into an unusable state and possible manufacturing warranty being voided.