Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Suggestions & Ideas Thread (for software-based features/apps for mobile, tablets, & wearables)

(Topic created on: 09-08-2017 12:05 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

285 REPLIES 285
loggyboy
First Poster
Options

Please produce a range of smaller phones. I miss the genuine mini versions of the flasgship S Series - Even though they were usually stripped of some spec items.

Ive previouslyt had the s3 mini, s4 mini and S5 mini.  Annoyingly they got progressively bigger and now dont exist at all. I'm now using a A3(2017) but its still bigger than I would like.

Iphone have the SE which has sold well - Samsung really need to keep up. I guarantee a range of Samsung minis would capture a market thats been left behind in last 10 years. 

I was hoping this huge range of new A series models would include something with  5" screen (or less!) - but sadly I was let down.

M-o-r-g
Explorer
Options

Suggestion 1

This might be an android thing but since getting a full screen phone it seems more obvious, basically dragging down the quick access panel the information normally found at the top of the screen also pulls down leaving a blank bar at the top. . (This could be a goodlock modification?)

Screen shot

Second suggestion 

I'm sure the Good Lock people are working on this, but thought I'd mention it anyway.  

Edge light option for infinity o  centre hole displays (like they do for side hole screens)

0 Likes
iainnash
Apprentice
Options

Bixby alarm geographical location for information supplied should be separate to the voice choice setting. I love in the UK and I've found out I can get UK news and weather by using a British English voice however  I find the English voices jarring and don't want to wake up to them. I find the American voice soothing and pleasant but she tells me stuff about America which I don't need to know. Can you sort it?

AllAboutSmartph
Apprentice
Options

How about a list of working and upcoming DeX laptop docks?

Working/available

1. using a Pi-Top V2 - clamshell
  2. Touchscreen display and Bluetooth keyboard - effective a 2-in-1
  3. HP Lapdock for HP Elite X3

On their way:

1.  Mirabook
  2.  NextDock 2
  3. Colorii Dock

MattB4
First Poster
Options

I think the Samsung notes app should have file sorting system (like files that can have other files in it) as it would make it easier to use when studying by organising my modules, assignments and such. Also within the samsung notes app, it would be good to have more page layouts for notetaking compared to having just lines or squares and then be able to change the layouts within the actual note rather than going to the settings. 

I use a samsung galaxy tab s6 for studying at university so it would be really handy to have these features compared to using other apps on android that don't run as well. On iOS, the note taking apps tend to work better than on android so a good notes app for my samsung device would be great! 

Thank you :smiling-face:

AntS
Options

Looks like the developers agree, @MattB4. They're planning on implementing both the page layout and the folder suggestions in the Samsung Notes app version on future devices slated for release late next year. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

DanieSmith343
First Poster
Options

Can there be an update to: if any contact is associated to the person's "emergency contact" list on the phone, it enables the phone to revert back the useing of volume and vibration if the phone is on silent. Also when the "emergency contact" is calling, a message or different/default background is used to notify the receiver of the call that it is an actual "emergency" and not just a normal call. Also if an "emergency" call was placed and the phone is turned off, once the phone is turned back on, a text message is sent informing the receiver that a "emergency" call was sent to them. Thank you in advance

Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

I'm liking one ui as its more simplifed,  only thing is perhaps keyboard themes?. and Messaging themes?.  Yes i know there is a theme store, but should be at least a few to choose that are made with One ui?.  The swype engine could be a bit better on the keyboard also, but its getting there. Apple have made a nice IOS 13 keyboard perhaps similar layout  , i prefer to use the  phone stock if i can... not 100's of Apps for the simple things like messaging n keyboards.   I myself dont like floating things  like chat heads, and camera videos!!!  That's why i changed from Nokia it has split screen drove me nuts 

Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

try googles keep notes amazing! 

0 Likes
FIELDOFART
First Poster
Options

Hi creative and highly skilled :smiling-face: unfortunately i have a lot of fans that are always ever ready to held me a helping hand :smiling-face: i actually appreciate their efforts of volunteering to b my slaves ... its just that they lack skills in arts, creativity, originality on concept and profound imagination... they just simply dnt happen to have an eye for beauty... can add buttons to ur samsung gallery, the Undo and Redo buttons so that i cn rectify their poor art skills :smiling-face: thank.j samsung :smiling-face: truly always awed by ur immeasureable  intelligence :smiling-face: