Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Suggestions & Ideas Thread (for software-based features/apps for mobile, tablets, & wearables)

(Topic created on: 07-09-2018 12:24 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

285 REPLIES 285
Rhian
Apprentice
Options

Yes, we definitely need an auto translation📘 feature implemented into the SHealth Community. I put the question out as a post and a lot of people actually agreed with me. I want to read what others are going on about, as you cannot Copy, Paste & Google translate it from the screen. Plus it would be daft doing that every minute. 😂😉😁

©RHI

0 Likes
Tigerty
Student
Options

Feature Request: ability to add a network location on the my files home screen, for example add as a could account or add network location option. Would be much better than using an app.

Mrowin
Journeyman
Options

Official internet browser for the Galaxy Gear please.

Other app requests, twitter, youtube, some kind of flashlight would be nice.

Ability to control my nest products through my watch would be great.

Mrowin
Journeyman
Options

For the gear s2 please stop the wifi from disconnecting every 3 seconds reconnecting and spamming you with "wifi connected" full screen popups.

Anything would be better than it is now, even removing the notification altogether.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers all. :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: I've pitched a few of these at our R&D team, and will let you know how they go.

@Rhian: Any response from Samsung/the developers to your post on the S Health Community (I'm guessing that's where you posted it.)

@Tigerty: Any specific device you are wanting this for?

Tigerty
Student
Options

Hi @antS,
For the s7 and above if possible?
Thanks

AndreiFrom93
Navigator
Options

Force touch gestures like in s9 and s8 for the Note 9, also the movable shutter button, bring it to Note 9 from the previous phones.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Just an update on a couple of the suggestions here.

@RAIDMEUK: The developers like the idea of a barcode scanner, and are currently working on implementing this feature for the S Health app. :smiling-face:

@M-o-r-g: No joy on the bezel rotation customisation, I'm afraid. The product developers' research suggests a traditonal "clockwise = increment/counter-clockwise = decrement" is more intuitive for most users. They also feel that consistency in one of the device's basic UI's is important in being less likely to cause user confusion. It was a very good suggestion though, IMO - and I fully appreciate why you'd suggest it. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
M-o-r-g
Explorer
Options

@AntS . .

@AntS

@M-o-r-g: No joy on the bezel rotation customisation, I'm afraid. The product developers' research suggests a traditonal "clockwise = increment/counter-clockwise = decrement" is more intuitive for most users. They also feel that consistency in one of the device's basic UI's is important in being less likely to cause user confusion. It was a very good suggestion though, IMO - and I fully appreciate why you'd suggest it. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

I presume they understood the suggestion properly? . .  i.e. to have the 'option' of configuring the bezel to do this (key word 'option') . .  and didn't think the suggestion was to alter the functionality altogether . .. because why wouldn't they think it was a good idea? (thats why I mentioned inverting the Y-axis in games . .because some people find it more natural) . .  surely giving the customer more customisation over how they would like to use the  product should be a 'no brainer' and not particularly hard to implement (IMO). . 

Oh well . .  another one bites the dust.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@M-o-r-g: I’m confident that they understood what you were suggesting. I think for them, on this occasion, it was just more a case of not wanting to complicate a feature that was intended to be very simple to use straight from out of the box.

And don’t be disheartened! History is chock full of knock-back stories in all sorts of areas, from literature to tech. You never quite know where or how something might end up. The important thing is to have ideas and not be afraid of putting them out there.

0 Likes