Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Suggestions & Ideas Thread (for software-based features/apps for mobile, tablets, & wearables)

(Topic created on: 14-12-2017 02:54 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

285 REPLIES 285
Sdrowe88
Apprentice
Options

On the galaxy s8+ can we get an update to where we can turn the view all button off in our messages. I find it very annoying and dont see a need for it.

John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@AntS

I've got 2 ideas, 1 for the site and another for our phones. The first one for the site is having an @mention feature where by if I click the @ button a list of names from that thread pop up. And the idea for our phones is having more than 10 spaces to save anything on our native clipboard on our keyboards, thanks.

AntS
Options

Thanks guys! I'll keep you posted on any feedback I get from the suggestions/ideas you've made.

@John4Oh: Regarding the @ mentions, it should already do this in the standard Reply (as opposed to Quick Reply) option:

Mentions.JPG

(Granted, it tends to only pull up the most recent posters in that thread.)

Unsure if that's working for you though.

John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@AntS 

I don't get the option to @mention when I type the @ button, is it because I'm using my phone to access the community?

I'd post a screenshot but I get the 'access denied' warning, that'll probably because I'm new.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@John4Oh wrote:

@AntS 

@I don't get the option to @mention when I type the @ button, is it because I'm using my phone to access the community?

I'd post a screenshot but I get the 'access denied' warning, that'll probably because I'm new.

Presuming that you're accessing the Community on your A3 2017 and through the stock web browser on it?

And @BandOfBrothers and @DRUIDDOODE: I know you guys regularly access the Community on your mobiles. Have you encountered similar issues as John?

John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options
@AntS

Yes that's correct, A3 2017 Stock browser.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AntS

@John4Oh

The mentions button if I remember correctly becomes active after a certain rank / post count has been achieved. 

When I had to reset my account and effectively started again I lost the mention option until I ranked up again. 

I regulary access this forum in my s8. In fact I'm using it to type this post.  :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @AntS

@John4Oh

The mentions button if I remember correctly becomes active after a certain rank / post count has been achieved. 

When I had to reset my account and effectively started again I lost the mention option until I ranked up again. 

I regulary access this forum in my s8. In fact I'm using it to type this post.  :smiling-face:

@BandOfBrothers

That'll explain it then, cheers buddy, it's the same for screenshots aswell.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yeah I'm assuming there will be a forum filter in place for attachments. 

Again after a certain rank they'll auto accept. 

Before that then a moderator will need to moderate them @John4Oh

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Hannah27
First Poster
Options
I didnt know you could turn off 'fast charge'.
Can you turn it off on a A3 2017?
0 Likes